Picture of the Zuiderdam last Dec. 2008

olefin32

Been a while since this happen but though some here might think it was interesting.

Last December as we were starting a cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale about 5:30 PM. We were outside on our deck, wife was taking pictures of the shore line with her little camera. It was beginning to get dark, I told her it was too late for good pictures. LOL

After we got home I noticed in one of her pictures had a sign saying 'Inlet Cam .com'. I went to that website. It has a live cam of the harbor inlet and also live chat. I posted that I saw the website name in a picture and posted this link to wife's picture. The site owner was impressed with the picture of his sign. He wanted our ships name, date and time. I answered, in a minute he posted a picture of our ship! He asked our location on the ship, that he might have a picture of us. I copied his picture, circled our location and reposted his picture. In just a minute he posted this picture! I've circled us. Wife's standing taking pictures, son in law, daughter and myself are seated.

I'd never noticed the guy taking pictures by the sign until I viewed the full size copy, heres a crop of that area.

Amazing what a person can find on the internet. LOL

Been a while since this happen but though some here might think it was interesting.

Last December as we were starting a cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale about 5:30 PM. We were outside on our deck, wife was taking pictures of the shore line with her little camera. It was beginning to get dark, I told her it was too late for good pictures. LOL

After we got home I noticed in one of her pictures had a sign saying 'Inlet Cam .com'. I went to that website. It has a live cam of the harbor inlet and also live chat. I posted that I saw the website name in a picture and posted this link to wife's picture. The site owner was impressed with the picture of his sign. He wanted our ships name, date and time. I answered, in a minute he posted a picture of our ship! He asked our location on the ship, that he might have a picture of us. I copied his picture, circled our location and reposted his picture. In just a minute he posted this picture! I've circled us. Wife's standing taking pictures, son in law, daughter and myself are seated.

I'd never noticed the guy taking pictures by the sign until I viewed the full size copy, heres a crop of that area.

Amazing what a person can find on the internet. LOL

Ain't he a great guy!!

I found him somewhere and contacted him for our sail away 7 Feb. Love it he literally pinpointed you!!!

Joanie

Archived