Anyone Else on Dec 27 FOS Ordering Kosher Meals

lukfam

I have just booked the FOS December 27 cruise. I will be traveling with my husband, daughter and son-in-law, they are in their early twenties. Wondering if anyone else is ordering kosher meals or has done so in the past.

My understanding is that kosher food is not prepared on the ship, but is ordered pre-cruise from an outside vendor. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall reading that information a couple of times on different threads, and your menus might be limited. You might want to contact the Special Needs Dept., as I'm sure they have the correct information. Enjoy your cruise!

I THINK this is how it works . . . If you are on a ship that is partially chartered by a kosher cruising company, then they will have one area of the kitchen and one area of the dining room. The mashgiach will kasher that part of the kitchen and supervise the cooking all week. So you will have cooked-to-order kosher food. However, if you are just traveling on a regular cruise and select kosher meals, then you get pre-packaged, shrink-wrapped kosher meals (like on an airplane).

Anyone requiring Kosher Meals should advise the agent at the time of booking. If not than you need to immediately contact the Special Needs Department well in advance of the departure date to ensure that you have meals on board. Kosher meals are prepared offsite at a fully santioned Kosher Kitchen. Cruise lines do not have Kosher Approved Kitchens. I would also recommend following up with the Special Needs Department a few weeks in advance of your departure date to just make certain everything is in order. If you do not pre-order Kosher Meals before departure you will only have non-kosher food available to you.

For non Passover Meals - All Kosher meals have to be ordered at least 45 days in advance of the sailing ( 90 days for European and South American Cruises)

For Passover Meals - All Kosher meals have to be ordered at least 90 days in advance of the sailing

Here's the link to the RCCI website stating all this

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000CHXt-UA5eqGbAtOrH9QG_gJ:12hbiocus?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=322&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Archived