Amy's Ridiculously Long & Detailed LIBERTY 11/1-8 Review with Pictures

amybeth4

Great review...thanks! I was on the Freedom last year and I agree with you about the doors to the pool deck. What a mess! It seemed we were always fighting the crowds waiting for the elevators because they are right there at the pool deck doors. Poor planning, IMHO!

One more question... Do they sell buckets of beer during the day for discount prices or anything like that? Stressed about our bar bill!

They definitely sell buckets, but I don't know how much they went for, as I was buying them one at a time. I don't think the discount is at all significant, unfortunately.

Great review...thanks! I was on the Freedom last year and I agree with you about the doors to the pool deck. What a mess! It seemed we were always fighting the crowds waiting for the elevators because they are right there at the pool deck doors. Poor planning, IMHO!

Sliding doors would've made much more sense. :)

PS, thanks, Joan Al!

OK I'll admit I haven't read all of this thread in detail, only scanned it, so if this question has been asked and answered, I apologize.

Did you friend enjoy her first cruise, broken toe and all? Is she now hooked?

She really enjoyed it. Days before the cruise she was STILL considering canceling!

I called her a few days after and asked her if she liked or loved the whole concept of cruising, and if she liked or loved the vacation.

She loved being on vacation and liked the cruise a lot, and can see how she could grow to love cruising. She was ready to put $100 down on a "floating reservation" for the Oasis, but I told her no, that's silly. When we have the money for Oasis, we'll just book it.

She really enjoyed it. Days before the cruise she was STILL considering canceling!

I called her a few days after and asked her if she liked or loved the whole concept of cruising, and if she liked or loved the vacation.

She loved being on vacation and liked the cruise a lot, and can see how she could grow to love cruising. She was ready to put $100 down on a "floating reservation" for the Oasis, but I told her no, that's silly. When we have the money for Oasis, we'll just book it.

That's great! One less space on future cruise ships I guess! More fun for you if you can plan vacations together!

• 3 weeks later...

Amybeth,

I want to cruise with you.

Please join us on Lib, Feb 7.

I will come find you near the piano.

I won't sing The Rose with you, but I will bask in your awesomeness as you and Kory sing it.

Seriously, that was the best review I've read here at CC, or anywhere else.

Consider me a fan.

Michael

• 1 month later...

From one Amy to another,, thank you, thank you, thank you. My husband and I are going on the LOS, in July to the Eastern Caribbean and since we're first time cruisers your post was exactly what I needed. I know you said you have the Cruise Compass(s) for the cruise and will post them later. That is something I would really like to see. We're not going to the same areas, we'll be going to Puerto Rico, Labardee and St. Martin, but since you were on the LOS it should be somewhat the same.

Just let us know when you'll be posting again.

Amy

One other thing....I know you sailed from Miami, any problems with hotels?

We would like to stay one day before the cruise and maybe two after the cruise.:):)

From one Amy to another,, thank you, thank you, thank you. My husband and I are going on the LOS, in July to the Eastern Caribbean and since we're first time cruisers your post was exactly what I needed. I know you said you have the Cruise Compass(s) for the cruise and will post them later. That is something I would really like to see. We're not going to the same areas, we'll be going to Puerto Rico, Labardee and St. Martin, but since you were on the LOS it should be somewhat the same.

Just let us know when you'll be posting again.

Amy

One other thing....I know you sailed from Miami, any problems with hotels?

We would like to stay one day before the cruise and maybe two after the cruise.:):)

Thanks so much, Amy!!! And you're welcome.

I did say I had the Compasses, but I didn't say I'd scan them. I don't have a scanner. If people had questions, I referred to the Compass for about a month, and then I tossed them. :(

When I sailed the Majesty out of Miami, I stayed at the Comfort Inn, which is practically on one of the runways. It's pretty dumpy but I had a $150 credit with their hotels. Their shuttle was $11 the next morning. It's in the middle of nowhere because it's at the airport. There's nothing to see or do anywhere near the airport.

I do know the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd. is highly recommended as a mid-price hotel. It's about 2 miles or so from the pier. A taxi from there is about $8. It's right across the street from Bay Side, which is full of shopping and restaurants. They also have a small pool. (My sister stayed there so I saw it.)

When I sailed Liberty, I stayed at my friend's aunt's house.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Thanks for the info. I will probably have some questions before we leave,so you'll be hearing from me again.Can't wait to go. I've been wanting to go on a cruise for a long.....time but I couldn't get my husband to go. After so many of our friends/family told him how wonderful cruising is, he's ready....if fact, he's really getting excited.

Talk soon.

Amy

• 3 months later...

Hey... Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I appreciate the time you spent. And I wish more people would post some pics.... I really loved all the trivia playing you included and participated in... I love board/trivia games and could spend all day playing these games... Again, Thanks....kell

Archived