Amy's Ridiculously Long & Detailed LIBERTY 11/1-8 Review with Pictures

amybeth4

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Nov 29th sailing with the exact same ports.

what you said about Belize I've heard before on this board. If you are going to Belize then you need to do a tour as it isn't that great a place for shopping. I searched some info on Belize and also just learned it's in the top 5 for highest murder rate! yikes! So Belize is making me a little nervous. Maybe I'll make that a sea day. :)

Again, thanks for your review.

Did you ever have someone find a table for you? We were always there around 9 and it wasn't TOO bad. I've seen it worse on the Majesty!

During our first breakfast we had a head-waiter find us a table and we thought, 'wow, how cool that they've started doing this'. Alas, after that there was never anyone but the hordes jockeying for the still dirty, recently vacated table in the corner. WJ was the biggest let down for us but mostly in terms of food quality. This really made no sense to me as the MDR (for dinner) was so damned good! Same food service team, right?

I really don't want to sound so negative ... it was a fine cruise. Anyway, can't focus on that ... Celebrity Mercury in January !!!

Thanks ... Cal

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Nov 29th sailing with the exact same ports.

what you said about Belize I've heard before on this board. If you are going to Belize then you need to do a tour as it isn't that great a place for shopping. I searched some info on Belize and also just learned it's in the top 5 for highest murder rate! yikes! So Belize is making me a little nervous. Maybe I'll make that a sea day. :)

Again, thanks for your review.

Pilot, if you think walking through a pitch-black cave, walking through the jungle, driving a Land Rover through the mud, having lunch and then a 45-minute speed boat ride back to the ship sounds worth $99 (we all thought it was worth it) then book this excursion through RCCL. Also the zipline/cave tubing excursions are supposed to be great!

Have a great cruise!

My boyfriend and I were on Liberty back in May and had a great time..

Speaking about the towels and how you check them in and out..

Well the second to last day of the cruise we had 4 towels out and returned just two (because we wanted to use the other two for the rest of the day) anyway..we handed them in and asked if we still had any towels out..just to make sure it was correct.

They guy at the towel stand said we had a zero balance (when really we still had 2 towels out)

So my boyfriend and I have two Royal Carribean towel souveniers now :D

I guess its true OPPORTUNITY MAKES THE THIEF :)

I wish people wouldnt take everything thats not NAILED DOWN with them then we wouldnt need towel signouts...

it is beyond me that people do this and even more so that they gloat about it... to each their own

Ok, so let me get this straight for Belize and Cozumel if you stayed on ship time ...

Our arrival time in Belize is 7:00 am which is really 6 am in Belize?

Our arrival time in Cozumel is 9:00 am which is really 8 am in Cozumel?

What is there even to do at 6am in Belize??

Ok, so let me get this straight for Belize and Cozumel if you stayed on ship time ...

Our arrival time in Belize is 7:00 am which is really 6 am in Belize?

Our arrival time in Cozumel is 9:00 am which is really 8 am in Cozumel?

What is there even to do at 6am in Belize??

I noticed that some of the ship's excursions, as well as private excursions, start very early. :)

I guess its true OPPORTUNITY MAKES THE THIEF :)

I wish people wouldnt take everything thats not NAILED DOWN with them then we wouldnt need towel signouts...

it is beyond me that people do this and even more so that they gloat about it... to each their own

That's why I asked the bartender to leave a menu on the bar and hope some dirtbag wouldn't come along and swipe it. Well I did and then lost it. So I had bad karma even though he technically gave me the damn thing! :)

I noticed that some of the ship's excursions, as well as private excursions, start very early. :)

It takes a while to get settled and cleared too. And with tenders, like in Belize, it will take a while to get to land.

It's nice to let the early excursions off the ship, as there isn't the crunch when you want to get off at a "normal" time.

We had a ship-sponsored excursion. We just lounged around in the morning, had breakfast and then headed to the tender at 9:45 and walked right on. There's nothing to do at the pier but the nonstop shopping for crap. Which we avoided as much as possible! (But BOY are they PERSISTANT in Cozumel...YEESH!!!!) No thank you. Gracias, no. Gracias, no. NO THANKS. NOPE, NO THANKS!!!!!!!!

That was an awesome review! It's been several years since we've cruised Liberty but we just switched to Freedom for Thankgsgiving next year so I liked reading your review to bring back this "class" series to mind.

I'd love to cruise (and drink) with you - I think we'd have a good time (and I *just* turned Diamond so I'd drag you into the lounge with me if dh didn't want to go)! LOL

Amybeth, random question, but was there anything you brought/forgot that you wish you didn't bring/had? I'm starting my packing list! Thanks!

Not really, blue...I'm not one of those crazy packers with the over the door thingy (I take the bare minimum when it comes to toiletries...it's just a week!), the only first-aid-kit stuff I take is Advil and a couple of band-aids...I don't take duct tape...so no, there wasn't really anything. The most important thing to me, after the clothes and shoes is a highlighter (and I ended up winning an extra one at trivia, haha) for the Compass.

I bring a sound machine for sleeping so I knew to take an extension cord.

I wish I had more double-a batteries because my camera went through a set a DAY, so I had to buy them on board. I was pleasantly surprised that four batteries was $5. I thought they'd get me for more than that! :)

Have you been on the Maj yet? It's a lovely, if small ship! Have a great time. I expect a review. :)

That was an awesome review! It's been several years since we've cruised Liberty but we just switched to Freedom for Thankgsgiving next year so I liked reading your review to bring back this "class" series to mind.

I'd love to cruise (and drink) with you - I think we'd have a good time (and I *just* turned Diamond so I'd drag you into the lounge with me if dh didn't want to go)! LOL

Would you believe I had a nutty dream about cruising last night and I found myself in FL so I went on a handful of Majesty cruises so I could get to diamond just to go to the lounge again. I woke up very depressed! ::hic::

Not really, blue...I'm not one of those crazy packers with the over the door thingy (I take the bare minimum when it comes to toiletries...it's just a week!), the only first-aid-kit stuff I take is Advil and a couple of band-aids...I don't take duct tape...so no, there wasn't really anything. The most important thing to me, after the clothes and shoes is a highlighter (and I ended up winning an extra one at trivia, haha) for the Compass.

I bring a sound machine for sleeping so I knew to take an extension cord.

I wish I had more double-a batteries because my camera went through a set a DAY, so I had to buy them on board. I was pleasantly surprised that four batteries was $5. I thought they'd get me for more than that! :)

Have you been on the Maj yet? It's a lovely, if small ship! Have a great time. I expect a review. :)

We went on Majesty pre-refurbishment, so we're really excited to go on it this time! We also have a window this time instead of an inside--we're moving up in the world. I'm hesitant to write a review after you did--there's no way to compete! :) But I'll try to come up with something.

We went on Majesty pre-refurbishment, so we're really excited to go on it this time! We also have a window this time instead of an inside--we're moving up in the world. I'm hesitant to write a review after you did--there's no way to compete! :) But I'll try to come up with something.

I hope you don't have cabin 9022, haha!!

zohnpx.jpg

I have a Maj review as well. Not as long, nor as fun a read, I must admit. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=937180&highlight=majesty+review+pictures

I hope you don't have cabin 9022, haha!!

zohnpx.jpg

I have a Maj review as well. Not as long, nor as fun a read, I must admit. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=937180&highlight=majesty+review+pictures

So funny, because that was one of our options! We're down the hall, but I don't remember exactly where. I know we'll have an obstruction, but I don't really care. As long as I have a little daylight, it's no big deal. I just can't do complete darkness.

So funny, because that was one of our options! We're down the hall, but I don't remember exactly where. I know we'll have an obstruction, but I don't really care. As long as I have a little daylight, it's no big deal. I just can't do complete darkness.

I just glanced at my Maj review. Some of it was actually kind of amusing, lol.

9022 is one of the bad cabins with that damn metal doohickey blocking your view. As I walked past other open doors, other views didn't seem NEARLY as bad.

I LOVE the pitch black coffin-ness of interiors. Although it was fun last week when we had to turn the TV on every morning to check the weather. Sometimes we were like, "I THINK it's raining...does it look like it's raining? Aren't those rain drops??" :)

I just glanced at my Maj review. Some of it was actually kind of amusing, lol.

9022 is one of the bad cabins with that damn metal doohickey blocking your view. As I walked past other open doors, other views didn't seem NEARLY as bad.

I LOVE the pitch black coffin-ness of interiors. Although it was fun last week when we had to turn the TV on every morning to check the weather. Sometimes we were like, "I THINK it's raining...does it look like it's raining? Aren't those rain drops??" :)

I just read your review and was laughing out loud. I think I'd really enjoy traveling with you! :) You remind me of my best friend--she has no shame and would totally dress up as Cyndi Lauper!

I get really claustrophobic and need to know if it's day or night. I like to just know where I am--I like to sit next to the window in an airplane too. You know, so if we are crashing, I'll know it's coming. :eek:

I just read your review and was laughing out loud. I think I'd really enjoy traveling with you! :) You remind me of my best friend--she has no shame and would totally dress up as Cyndi Lauper!

I get really claustrophobic and need to know if it's day or night. I like to just know where I am--I like to sit next to the window in an airplane too. You know, so if we are crashing, I'll know it's coming. :eek:

Well...I do have a LITTLE bit of shame, haha. Last week I asked one of the cruise staff if I could dress up for THEIR 80s party (instead of Cyndi and Madonna, Liberty does Toni Basil and the Bangles) but I was already two days too late. They were asking people during karaoke and I wasn't there when they asked. Oh well. I'll know for next time. I'm a big of a stage hog. Denise kept staying back while telling everyone, "She loves to be the center of attention."

(This from the woman who got up and sang The Rose with me while Kory played so she ain't THAT shy, haha.)

Someday I'd love to meet you at an M&M!!!! :)

Amy -

You have done an AWESOME job with your review! I found myself nodding my head in agreement to a lot of your review and thoroughly enjoyed your writing style. I admire your ability to write the review while we were still cruising. It was my intention to make notes each day but it did not happen and here it is about a week later and I'm still working on my review! Hopefully I can get it up this weekend... Anyway, I really enjoyed hearing about events and parts of the ship I didn't go to or hang out at much. It was like experiencing the same cruise but from a different angle. Just goes to show, you make your own cruise by what you choose to do!

I think I saw you at least one night at Kory Simon's show while I was walking down the staircase from Promenade, at least if that was you like RIGHT NEXT to the piano.

Great photos of the wave pool! I found it entertainment unto itself and stood watching it for a while. I think I have a video or two of it also. I agree that the seas didn't seem that rough for 10'-15' from higher up even on deck 4 but looking out my inlaws deck 2 cabin they did look pretty high. The sloshing pools would lead you to believe the ship movement was more dramatic than it really was. Thanks for including photos, they really make a review more special and real.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your most detailed daily review. I stayed up past my bedtime last night devouring every word.

You write so well, I felt as though I was right there with you!

Thanks again.

After all my years of cruising.. i started in 2003 and i have been on 5.. number 6 is on the Oasis next Dec. and there may be a 5 day thrown in the mix in the spring of 2010.. i myself. also from Long Island have to say that you have THE BEST REVIEW I HAVE EVER READ ON ANY BOARD!!!! Well done i loved it!!!!!!

Archived