Waterproof Camera Case

sneedham

I am wanting to get a waterproof case for my camera to take snorkeling. Anyone out there have one they would recommend? I have a sony cybershot.

Thanks

I have an older cybershot that I am going to use for snorkeling pics as well. I did some research and found this web site - > www.Aquapac.Net

I asked them what case they recommended for my camera. I was thinking about using the case with the hard lens but wasn't sure.Here is their reply:

The camera would fit in the small hard lens case however the zoom might not be aligned in the hard lens housing which is in the center of the case, since the camera zoom is towards the side of the camera. The small camera case (code 414) may be a better fit without the hard lens and also allowing for the zoom.

Sony makes their own waterproof housings, and they're very good. We have an older housing with no camera any more (stolen), and a newer one (replaced another stolen camera with same to fit the housing) They aren't so cheap, but they are much better and safer than any of those 1 size fits all baggie type thingies. The Sony housings have a really good seal.

The thing is, you have to get the right one for your specific model (or sometimes they fit a couple of modals. How old is your camera? If it's new you should be able to still get it from the Sony Store. If it's older, then you may have to hunt around on eBay or wherever. If it's quite old, maybe ours will fit it. hehe ;)

Archived