Flight too early?

bandtw

Hi,

We will be ending our cruise on a Saturday and am looking at an 11:05 AM flight. Is this too early? I don't want to be stressed out about maybe missing our flight. We can take a later (much later) one if there is a possibility we will miss it.

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

We will be ending our cruise on a Saturday and am looking at an 11:05 AM flight. Is this too early? I don't want to be stressed out about maybe missing our flight. We can take a later (much later) one if there is a possibility we will miss it.

Thanks for you help.

11:05 sounds pretty early to me. Just remember that there could be several ships in port on that day. Or the ship could be delayed being cleared thru customs. If I were you I would book the later flight. There are lots of things to do to pass the time. San Juan is a wonderful place to visit.

We are also sailing from San Juan this year (as we have the past three years). We booked our flight at 6:30 pm, I know it sounds late, but it is a non-stop to our home town. We will use the Valet Service aboard ship. With this service the ship will print out our boarding pass and ship our luggage to the airport. We are planning to leave the ship and walk around Old San Juan. Then have lunch in one of the resturaunts and take a taxi to the airport later in the day after the crowds have passed. I don't want to be stressed at the end of my cruise.

Good luck

What time is the ship docking? While it may be possible to make that 11:05 flight, it would be too close of a call for me. I would book the later flight (but that's just me). Too many variables such as clearing customs, how many other ships are disembarking, check in/security, etc. Does your ship offer self disembarkation? I find the pace at the SJ airport to be a bit more relaxed.;)

My husband and I came back from our cruise Sunday, September 27th, 2009, and we had a 12:40 p.m. flight that we were trying to make.We were concerned about how long it would take too, but the experience for us was a breeze!

We were in the group designated to depart the ship at 8:50 a.m. By the time we got off the ship, took a taxi to the airport, and were in line with the ticketing agent at the airport, it was only 10:15 a.m. As a matter of fact, we were so early, that we requested to go standby on a flight leaving to our destination of Los Angeles at 10:40 a.m. instead of our 12:40 p.m. flight. We got the earlier non-stop flight and made it home even earlier than expected.

So all of that to say that it is possible to make your early flight. You would have to make sure that you are in the early disembarkation group (say 8:00 a.m. or earlier).

But if it is going to stress you out worrying about it, maybe you should book a later flight.

Archived