Fraud? Or covering for stupid mistakes?

Fat Boy

Hey Y'all,

I was just on the last sailing of the Holiday. They were selling "limited edition" pictures of the Holiday title "Last Voyage" or "Holiday 1985 - 2009". The kicker is, some of these weren't even of the Holiday. In at least one of them, it looks like they printed these up with a Fantasy Class ship, then photoshopped the Holiday moniker on the side!

So... Do you think Carnival actually pulled the switcharoo on purpose? Or maybe someone just picked the wrong stock photo for the picture, then tried to cover it with a p'shop job?

I don't know whether to be more disappointed that someone at Carnival made these up, that they sold them, or that I actually bought one.

do you have a picture of what your'e talking about?

edit...possibly COULD be a mistake...like taking another Holiday class ship or something.....but I doubt it. Honestly, why would they? TONS of stock photos of the Holiday. No need to take a Fantasy class ship and Photoshop it

edit edit...you said you bought one...did you buy one of the ones that you thought were Photoshopped? If so, scan it in :-)

Hey Y'all,

I was just on the last sailing of the Holiday. They were selling "limited edition" pictures of the Holiday title "Last Voyage" or "Holiday 1985 - 2009". The kicker is, some of these weren't even of the Holiday. In at least one of them, it looks like they printed these up with a Fantasy Class ship, then photoshopped the Holiday moniker on the side!

So... Do you think Carnival actually pulled the switcharoo on purpose? Or maybe someone just picked the wrong stock photo for the picture, then tried to cover it with a p'shop job?

I don't know whether to be more disappointed that someone at Carnival made these up, that they sold them, or that I actually bought one.

Sounds TYPICAL Carnival ~~!!~~ If the right hand ever figures out what the left hand is doing........WATCH OUT ~~!!~~

Hey Y'all,

Hey Fat Boy....Haven't seen you in a while it's Jesse's Mom....LOL.....

Time to scan that bad boy and post it so we can take a look at it......;)

We had a cocktail party on the Holiday that was for Platinum guests only. You had to RSVP with the purser's desk. There were about 58 folks there.

Dave

Was that just b/c it was the Holiday's last sailing, or is that something being implemented on other ships? On our last cruise I overheard someone in the VIP room saying there would be a platinum party on the Fantasy cruise we were checking in for, but there wasn't one.

do you have a picture of what your'e talking about?

edit...possibly COULD be a mistake...like taking another Holiday class ship or something.....but I doubt it. Honestly, why would they? TONS of stock photos of the Holiday. No need to take a Fantasy class ship and Photoshop it

edit edit...you said you bought one...did you buy one of the ones that you thought were Photoshopped? If so, scan it in :-)

I don't think this was a Holiday class ship... I've got three different pictures of the Holiday. One looks like the Holiday I know... Two look like the Fantasy (more rounded bow, balcony state rooms mid-ship, two-story lido/promenade bulge, extra deck under mini-golf, longer, no tail-end bulge at waterline). It's scanned, and I'm trying to attach it, but no luck so far (see below).

Hey Fat Boy....Haven't seen you in a while it's Jesse's Mom....LOL.....

Time to scan that bad boy and post it so we can take a look at it......;)

I've got one of the suspect pictures scanned, but for the life of me, I can't get it to upload. I've made sure the file size, type, height, and width are all within board limits, but it keep telling me it's failed. Any volunteers with experience at attaching files to have this e-mailed to them to be posted?

The other suspect picture is a night-shot of the same ship, docked, but with the Holiday moniker p-shopped only on the bow (not on the extra deck up top). I'll try to get that one scanned today, too, but I suspect I'll have the same upload problem.

I don't think this was a Holiday class ship... I've got three different pictures of the Holiday. One looks like the Holiday I know... Two look like the Fantasy (more rounded bow, balcony state rooms mid-ship, two-story lido/promenade bulge, extra deck under mini-golf, longer, no tail-end bulge at waterline). It's scanned, and I'm trying to attach it, but no luck so far (see below).

I've got one of the suspect pictures scanned, but for the life of me, I can't get it to upload. I've made sure the file size, type, height, and width are all within board limits, but it keep telling me it's failed. Any volunteers with experience at attaching files to have this e-mailed to them to be posted?

The other suspect picture is a night-shot of the same ship, docked, but with the Holiday moniker p-shopped only on the bow (not on the extra deck up top). I'll try to get that one scanned today, too, but I suspect I'll have the same upload problem.

email it to me and i'll post it

cbray1@gmail.com

Hey Fatboy,

I still say my photo was better. :)

Dave

Not-so-fat-girl said she saw you on the in-cabin TV getting it signed... I assume it made the DVD. I never did see the photo (in person or on the TV)... I guess I was just never in the right place at the right time. Wish I'd had a chance to sign it. If you start making copies, please let me know. I'd like one.

Thanks,

FB

email it to me and i'll post it

cbray1@gmail.com

Sent the first one... I'll try to get the other scanned this afternoon (a postcard - part of a collection of postcards of the Holiday).

ON EDIT: Wow that was quick! Note the the extra floor below the mini-golf, extra bulge on the Promenade, extra windows on the theatre, and mid-ship balcony cabins. That ain't the Holiday.

Thanks,

FB

It is obvious the first pic is a fantasy class........

I agree... So why pass it off as the Holiday? I just scanned and sent the second picture to KingPin. Then I found another picture in that postcard set that appears to be the source/original for the first Fantasy/Holiday image above.

But why? It's not like Carnival has a shortage of actual Holiday pictures. I'm starting to think they actually painted the word Holiday on a Fantasy class ship once upon a time - maybe they actually planned to replace the Holiday with one once upon a time - and these images have been floating around the archives for a while. The postcards say copyright 2006, but who knows when the pictures were actually taken...

I know I'm blowing this out of proportion, but it just kinda cheeses me...

I agree... So why pass it off as the Holiday? I just scanned and sent the second picture to KingPin. Then I found another picture in that postcard set that appears to be the source/original for the first Fantasy/Holiday image above.

But why? It's not like Carnival has a shortage of actual Holiday pictures. I'm starting to think they actually painted the word Holiday on a Fantasy class ship once upon a time - maybe they actually planned to replace the Holiday with one once upon a time - and these images have been floating around the archives for a while. The postcards say copyright 2006, but who knows when the pictures were actually taken...

HolidayPostcard.jpg

That's a Fantasy class ship. You got ripped. Save it though, because when they start to retire Fantasy class ships and you get a photo of Fantasy photo slopped on the side of a Conquest class, you'll have the start of a real collectors album. :D

It's fraud, plain and simple.

That's what Carnival's all about anyway.

They will do anything to get your money.....

It's a wonder they are the most successful land largest cruise company in the world what with ripping off their passengers.

But, there it is.

Sue 'em.

It's fraud' date=' plain and simple.

It's a wonder they are the most successful land largest cruise company in the world what with ripping off their passengers.

But, there it is.

Sue 'em.[/quote']

Not bitter are you???

Do you need a hug or a backrub??:rolleyes:

It's fraud' date=' plain and simple.

But, there it is.

Sue 'em.[/quote']

There's a thread on here about how mean and nasty the boards have gotten. Read it. I thought about you when I did.

Archived