Tell Me About Glory

jcike1980

The Cruise is 5/30/2010. It sails out of Norfolk,VA. How was the Food and Service?

The food was very good - I HIGHLY recommend the fork-tender baby back ribs! YUM! I wasn't much of a fan of the popular chocolate melting cake or the pizza, but the sushi was tasty, as was the flourless chocolate cake.

The service was outstanding...exceeded expectations! Of course, there will probably be a different crew on your sailing, but everyone I spoke with on board, including the clerk in the fun shops, the camp counsellors, our cabin steward, wait staff, bar server, purser, and even the guys manning the pizza station and omelette station were all very nice and accommodating.

Here's a breakfast tip - the omelette station near the aft pool never had any line, and you could get eggs made to order there. Also, the pasta dishes on the menu in the MDR can be ordered as appetizers. Do be sure to eat lunch in the MDR at least one sea day. And save room for afternoon tea.

Have a great time! :D

The Cruise is 5/30/2010. It sails out of Norfolk,VA. How was the Food and Service?

I'm going to be on that cruise! Join us in the Roll Call section...we have this cruise on there :)

Can't wait! The Glory will be glorious!:p

I got married on the Glory. It is a great ship! We got married 2 1/2 years ago and my friends and family still talk about our wedding cruise and what a great time it was. We had alot of first time cruisers with us who are now true cruise addicts.

The staff was great, the ship was great. I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

There is also a fish and chips station somewhere but I couldn't find it. Even crew didn't know where it was.

I could be confusing my ships but I believe it was located upstairs. Can't remember if it was kind of tucked in a corner or not. And I think it was open certain hours only.

Archived