"Premium" steak upcharge?

Craig_K

Just read an article that said there is an upcharge in the Main Dining room for a "Premium" steak".

Is this something new? I always thought that the Main Dining room meals were included in the cruise price.

Anyone have any experience with this? How much and is it worth it?

I'll be crusing in February.

This has been available for almost a year now. What it allows you to do is buy a "Chops" quality steak for an additional charge.

Even tho it is a "Chops" quality steak it does not compare to having it prepared in the Chops Galley and therefore not the same IMHO. My son orered on on the AOS this past August and could barely eat it.:mad:

That is true. I don't know the $$ (I believe it is only a few bucks) of the upcharge, but you are able to buy a Chops steak and have it served in the MDR. This has been true for quite a while. All other food in the MDR is included in your cruise price. The MDR has a sirlion steak available each night. I have never gotten the sirlion but have heard that it can be good or not so good. Kinda like the steak you might get at a chain steakhouse.

--------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

My daughter who is also my best travelling companion :D ordered the Chops filet one night in the MDR when the majority of the menu was seafood which she cannot eat. She raved about the quality and I had to second her opinion. We both believed it to be worth the $14 or so we paid for it and both of us agreed that we would do it again if we so chose.

Just read an article that said there is an upcharge in the Main Dining room for a "Premium" steak".

Is this something new? I always thought that the Main Dining room meals were included in the cruise price.

it is a "premium" cut of steak but it does not hold a candle next to a chops steak. This steak that you can buy in the MDR is a "premium" steak but is not cooked like it would be in chops. I just felt that it was not taken care of like it should have been on a grill...it was over cooked and dry...both attempts that I gave them to make it right that night...jut not the same as eating in chops...

I could be wrong but I believe I read that children are not allowed in chops so addingthis feature to the dinning room menue allows people to have a chops steak if they so choose.

Archived