Triumph/Fantasy

cruisinmama0

Lucky you, to be so close to the terminal! That would be dangerous for me....I'm afraid I'd be cruising WAY too often if it was that easy to hop on that ship. LOL! We live in north LA, between Shreveport & Monroe, so it's a pretty good drive down to NOLA. But not too bad. I love NOLA. :)

Looking forward to hearing any news your riverboat pilot friend might have about the Triumph. I am wondering if the two ships can pass in the river, or if the Triumph will have to wait till the Fantasy is out.....

Grits! It is lucky, in my opinion, to be near the terminal. My DH would likely disagree! :D

It has been taxing on the budget, but we ain't starving! :D

I've gotten some great last minute cruise prices and when you don't have to worry about the extra expense of airfare or commuting, it's really neat.

Once, my DD and I actually did take the ferry over...luggage and all, :eek: but it was a challenge navigating (waaaay too many suitcases) through the Riverwalk and then outside to the terminal. Better to take a cab!

This is probably a stupid question, but can the two cruise ships pass each other in the river? Or would the Triumph wait until the Fantasy has reached the Gulf before coming up the river? I have only cruised down the river once, and it seemed awfully narrow to me......

I'm watching on marinetraffic.com and they will be passing each other in 30 minutes or so! I'm going to try to run to the levee and get some photos of the Triumph when she passes our house!

I'm watching on marinetraffic.com and they will be passing each other in 30 minutes or so! I'm going to try to run to the levee and get some photos of the Triumph when she passes our house!

Rowen, that is a nice site. It looks like she is about 27 miles out and doing 14 kts. She should be in well before the scheduled 8PM time.

I'm sailing on Triumph Saturday...Nov 14...does anyone know if they'll be broadcasting the Saints Game on the ship on Sunday????

I'll be on the Triumph with you, and after checking the Denver Fox affiliate, it looks like we're going to miss the game. That SUCKS!

I just saw the Triumph and it is on its way to our dear city. At Point-a-la-Hache. Finally we can get this show on the road. I will venture out to the levee in the morning at Algiers Pointe near Mardi Gras World so that I can see what awaits.... on my cruise in December.:D:cool::D

Hey JB! How ya doing? I met you on our Conquest 10/9/05 Cruise. You still treating listeners to that great voice at Karaoke? :) :D

How you doing BS....ere...Barb...

Yes Debbi and I both remeber you from our very first cruise on the Conquest back in 2005!!! We had a great rool call on that cruise and we had a nice M&G on that cruise.

Debbi and I are now up to 11 cruises, and this will be our Platinum cruise, if we can ever get on board!!

And...I live in the Karaoke bar on ship.I even proclaim myself as the Carnival Karaoke King, and even am thinking of putting together a Karaoke cruise.

its good to hear from you again, and maybe we can hook up again!!

[quote name='Jabee']How you doing BS....ere...Barb...

Yes Debbi and I both remeber you from our very first cruise on the Conquest back in 2005!!! We had a great rool call on that cruise and we had a nice M&G on that cruise.

Debbi and I are now up to 11 cruises, and this will be our Platinum cruise, if we can ever get on board!!

And...I live in the Karaoke bar on ship.I even proclaim myself as the Carnival Karaoke King, and even am thinking of putting together a Karaoke cruise.

its good to hear from you again, and maybe we can hook up again!![/quote]

:D:D

hehehehe...Carnival Karaoke King. I like that! That's you all right. :D

Yep! I do remember it was your first cruise; and we did have a great roll call. I showed DH your post and he remembers you too.

Wow, you guys are up to 11 already...you really did catch the cruise bug too, huh? Neat idea about a Karaoke cruise...I wish you success. Let's keep in touch...

[quote name='getmeontheship']Great pictures thanks[/quote]

[SIZE=3]You're welcome! :) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]And man oh man!! :eek: I wish I had had my camera for my morning walk/run. She's beeea-u-tiful! :D What an impressive sight docked there...Wow![/SIZE] [SIZE=3]I can't wait to get on that baby for the New Year's Eve cruise and see the faces of the two first-time cruisers who are cruising with me. I didn't realize the size and how nice the ship looks! I'm sure the inside has got to be pretty.[/SIZE]

Thanks everyone for the info and pics. We will not be on her until April and don't know if I can wait that long!!! I was so hoping to see her leaving today on the Bridge cam or river cam but I can not get these two to work. The Jackson square cam works fine. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me???

For those who wanted to see a picture of the Triumph, please click below. This is the website of the Port of New Orleans and you can see the Triumph loading up for its first cruise.

[URL="http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_building_webcam.htm"]Click here: Port of New Orleans - Louisiana, USA[/URL]

Archived