Walk in snorkeling

Best of

Hi,

Here is my situation. We are going out in late Jan. 2010. The 3 ports we are stopping at are Colon, Panama; Limon Costa Rica; and Belize. My husband wants to snorkel, but not by boat. He likes to be able to walk in and out of the water. Which of the above places have good walk in snorkeling and WHERE is it at. I do not want to plan my other shore trips until we know which port will be our beach day. Thanks for any and all information. :)

Don't know about Colon or Limon. For Belize I don't recall a beach/snorkeling place near the port. What we did was to fly small airplane to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. From there I went boat diving, while my wife and friends went boat snorkeling.

They went to Ho-Chan Marine Reserve, and Shark-Ray Alley. They had a great time. The guide went down to bring up sharks, and rays for them to touch. There were lots. That was the best snorkeling they've ever had.

So if you are not really restricted to shore snorkeling, that is one option.

I believe the home port is Miami. Either before or after cruise, you could go to Key Largo for good diving/snorkeling there too.

We are going on a HAL cruise over Christmas and would love to know about snorkeling off shore in Belize City as well. We think we will do the cave tubing as our main activity but would enjoy getting in the sea as well! If anyone knows the area please let us know. I know the reefs there are supposed to be awesome.

Kate

Archived