Tahitian Princess Excursion Attire

czarinahil

For all you experienced TP cruisers out there...

When you go on water based excursions such as Marc's or Bruno's what did you leave the ship wearing? Did you wear your bathing suit under clothes or is it ok to just wear your bathing suit with a cover up over it?

This may seem like a silly question but I am trying to figure out how much stuff to pack!

Thanks,

Hilary

If it is a hot day, then just your swim suit and plenty of sunscreen will suffice. You might want a cover up or tee shirt in for sun protection and incase the wind comes up. Need sandals or water shoes for the landings. Mask, snorkel and fins come in real handy. Most wear a ball cap or wide brim hat for protection as well.

I am returning, this year, for my 7th cruise to these wonderful islands in paradise.

John

I am doing this cruise in September..1st time..but I did honeymoon in the Cooks on a land deal..and when we did lagoon cruises..I usually wore my swimsuit and then brought just a pareo wrapped around me in some fashion..usually as a skirt..and a towel and sandals..the little boat always seem to get wet as we got off an on after snorkeling so stuff gets wet..We carry a big mesh bag withour own snorkel masks and fins as well. Oh...and definitely have water shoes to wear in the water to protect yourself!

If you do not own any pareos, when you get to Papeete..before you board..I heard you can buy them at the Marche..I imagine around $10 each. I own almost 10 by now..collector's items from Cooks, Hawaii, an old one my mom brought me from Tahiti 15 years ago, two from Fiji she just buoght me..I wear them at home during the summer..look forward to adding some to my collection when I go on the TP later this year.

They can also double as a light towel on the beach..and they usually dry quickly to use the next day..and can be used as coverups on deck!

Have fun!

We were on the Tahitian Princess last year and clearly all you need to wear on any of these excursions in a bathing suite and T-Shirt/ cover up (and a towel). You'll be in and out of the water and the sun will dry you out in no time. Enjoy your cruise, it was the very best we have been on. Enjoy the Motus and Marc and Bruno....we did both tours. The poisson crue is fantastic. Don't even think of using less than #30 sunscreen as I guarantee you've never experienced this intense a sun.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Nitrodog51&tab=photos

Archived