Confused about elegant or formal night

dr dreamer

I to could use a little less singing by the staff in the MDR. But IMO, that is a totally different issue than dress code. As has been stated many a time, dressing up has more to do than just sitting at a table in the MDR.

Having said that, the current dress code, enforced or not, should be more than flexible enough to accommodate everyone.

just back from our 1st cruise on Paradise. Yes, we are hooked-lol!

I was worried about elegant night because we dont really to care to dress up. We are jeans type of people. We are simple people and this is what we wore

dd10 wore a nice black dress with a white satin ribbon around her waist that tied in the back. SHe was dressed for elegant night

me37- wore nice black pants and a nice semi dressy blouse

dh37- wore nice black pants, black with gray strip collar button shirt , no tie

the only people that noticed what we wore , were the people we passed on the way to our table and they were busy talking, so no one really noticed.

Some people wore tux and nice dresses, others were like us, some wore jeans and nice shirt and some dressed jeans and t-shirts. The reason i noticed because i was so worried about being out of place but we werent. I think people should not stress out over it and just have fun.

BTW- we have early seating.

I did notice that the later dining had more people dressed up. Like i said the only reason i noticed was so i could pass on the info to other newbies that are worried like i was.

Even on casual days you have your people who wore tux and dressy dressses, to each their own, we enjoyed our dinner in the MD every night.

Do we have to wear a suit?, Is pants and Jacket OK? are ties a must? NO

Is a nice shirt and pair of dress pants acceptable? YES

Please advise since apparently things have changed since I last cruised in 2006

Carnival has gone casual. No Jackets Ties etc required. I have noticed Mater D really does not enforce any dress codes at all.

Archived