cave tubing

mes81851

My family and I will be in Belize for our cruise on Explorer in February. I don't know who to book with for cave tubing. I researched Coral Breezes ($59 with lunch), Yhoney ($45) at cave-tubing.com, Regtour - ($65 - not sure about the food), Island Marketing ($60 with fruit snack and water), belizenativetours with Robert ($70 with lunch), and actionbelize.com -($69). My bottom line is a good time and a timely return to port - don't want to miss the tender. I want someone who is trustworthy and reliable. What do any of you recommend?

You need to read some of the reports on Wet n Wild with Marvin. His website is ecotoursbelize.com. I think that he is, by far, your best bet for a great experience every time! We used them when we were in Belize in September and from before then (when our research began) until now, I have never seen more positive comments made about any other company. Their tour is $60 and includes lunch at a local restaurant that is delicious. Every one who has used Wet n Wild will tell you that there is absolutely no way they would ever allow you to miss your boat. And it never has. If nothing else, just go to the website and send an email to Marvin with details on when you will be in port and for how long and he will answer any of your questions personally. I will go find my post about our experience cave tubing so that you can read it and bump it to the top. It's called Wet n Wild is the best!!! Read why. . .

In reference to the cruise critic about taking lunch off the ship....aren't there signs that say you can't take food off the ship plus they scan your bags as you leave the ship. When we sailed on the Triumph, at the gangway of each port there were tons of food that obviously cruisers were trying to take off the ship and then were asked to throw it away. Hey, for $5 bucks each for lunch, I'd go with the tour company. So much easier!

We are going to be in Belize the first week of May on Carnival. If I book the cave tubing through carnival, I can't take my 6 year old, however, I've read on these boards about 5 year olds going with other tour guides. My son is very small, but he is adventurous too, exactly how much "work" and walking is involved with this tour....I'd hate to take him and have him "quit" in the middle of the tour. Do they have short and long tours?

we did Coral Breeze tubing last week. It was great. Met right at dock. 2 guides very informative about country- got guided tour on way to tubing- about 1+ hour ride in ac mini-bus. Lunch was great- chix & rice/beans- national dish.

I would highly rec

We just got back from cave tubing from Yhony. It was a small group of 17 that was the least expensive I found. He charged us $40 since we had over 5 in our group. We stopped at a gas station for snacks and we were entertained on the trip to and from. They provide a guide for every 10 people in the group. If you go to Belize don't miss this tour with whoever you choose to patronize. The excitement of flowing down the river in darkness coupled with the scenery where visable makes it an unforgettable experience.

Tip: You can rent rent watershoes at the site rather than paying cruiseship high prices.

Greg

All cave tubing companies use the same tubes, lights, caves etc. becuase tour is in a national park. Yhony Rosado with cave-tubing.com charges much less, either $40 or $45 per person depending upon size of group. This is less than 1/2 the cost of ship tour, but there is no stop for lunch, no tropical cocktail, no tour of the city, etc. There was, however, first class van transprtation to the park and an excellent english speaking guide (Yhony Rosado) who got in the water with us to ensure group sticking together and avoiding river rocks. Experience was so good that I would go again. Just pack a lunch at the ship's buffet and take it with you. No need to pay double just to get a lunch stop!

Hi Everyone,

We were on the Dec. 5 NCL Dream sailing and also did the cave tubing tour with Yonhi's company. I sent him an email a couple days before and hadn't heard from him before sailing so I was a little nervous plus I had seen little feedback about them on the boards. We arrived by tender and followed their instructions to meet by the lighthouse, no one was there! Thought I made a mistake at first but was told to go back to the exit from the terminal where the tenders docks and all the tour companies and taxi drivers were drumming up business. People were very friendly and all the tours operators know and seem very amicable to each other despite being in competition. They told me Yhony would be back soon and pointed out another gentleman who worked for Yhony. Yhony arrived five minutes later and told us that he was just waiting for a few more people from another ship(both Carnival and RCL were in port too) and we should be off soon. We waited for another 15 minutes enjoying chatting with the local guides. Yhony came back to say that he wanted to provide the best customer service so he wouldn't keep us waiting any longer and sent off with our guide Gilbert(Gilly). So we ended up getting a private tour! Gilly stayed with us through the day, went tubing with us and brought us back in plenty of time for the tender. Gilly was really friendly as mentioned in a previous post and is certainly a great ambassador for Belize. The cave tubing was fun and was just as described in previous posts so I won't bore you again with the details, it would be especially great if travelling with (not too young) kids.

I was torn between this and the Lamani excursion but cave tubing was cheaper which is how the chioce was made. Gilly also recommended Lamani saying the boat ride is really a highlight. In conclusion a great experience with Yhony, Gilly and http://cave-tubing.com. We booked because of their low price which combined with the quality of service (without the frills -lunch?) makes them an easy recommendation.

I got Gilly's buisness card as well so I'll post his info(no email) just in case you need a guide/driver for possibly a longer stay in Belize or find yourself in a pinch after stepping off the ship:

Giilbert Young

P.O. Box 1665

Belize City, Belize

Tel: (501) 224-5264

Cell: 603-5090

P.O. Box

• 3 months later...

:) We went with two of Yhony's guides who were outstanding, Juni and Timmy. Juni was the more experienced one and is obviously a very intelligent young man. He didn't give us some canned explanation of the caves, Belize, etc.; he was able to discuss and explain political, economic, environmental, etc. issues. We had such a fun day!! After the hour long van ride during which Juni answered questions, told us about the country and countryside, etc. we arrived at the parking lot. After a beautiful hike on a slightly rolling path through the jungle we were all happy to jump (or walk) into the beautiful clear water. We could see into a cave immediately upstream from our takeoff spot. The two guides split us into two groups (there were only nine of us!) and we hooked our feet under the tube in front of us as we toured the caves. It was more like a series of caves or one long winding cave with offshoots. We were in the caves for about an hour and floating through the jungle for a half hour or so. It was so beautiful. I can't imagine that any of the more expensive tours could possibly be any better than this one. Yhony, keep up the good work and good luck!!

Rosemary

Archived