Anyone who has printed docs and is cruising soon...

MamaParrotHead

Be sure to double check that your luggage tags are still the same. I think after they shuffled the cabin categories recently, they may have changed the color of the luggage tags. Mine went from peach to purple from when I printed them in maybe September to now (I sail in 18 days :D). I'm not sure what would happen if someone used the older tags, but I don't want to personally find out. ;)

Just FYI.

Be sure to double check that your luggage tags are still the same. I think after they shuffled the cabin categories recently, they may have changed the color of the luggage tags. Mine went from peach to purple from when I printed them in maybe September to now (I sail in 18 days :D). I'm not sure what would happen if someone used the older tags, but I don't want to personally find out. ;)

Just FYI.

I sail on the Dream on Friday and my luggage tags are peach colored but it really doesn't make much difference... The color is pretty meangless... Your cabin number, deck and name are on there and that's pretty much all you need!!!

Your bag tag also has a bar code as some of the ships are using that technology now to sort things out...

:)

Hehehehheee... I just looked at my bag tag on line and they're purple now...

:D

I just noticed my luggage tags were different about an hour ago and I printed one out to compare to the ones I have already laminated at home.

Glad to know I don't have to redo them. I still have 60 days before I cruise but I like (need) to be prepared way in advanced. It's an OCD thing. LOL

I'm having a dumb moment. Where do we print tags?

Also, on the FAQ it says you can print them in black and white if you'd like. So the color is not important :)

Your luggage tags are the last page of your documents, typically page 7...

If you've found the eDocs but can't print them try changing browsers. The Carnival web site doesn't like FireFox much. Also, the docs are a PDF file so you'll need Adobe Reader. There's a link on the docs page to download it...

I hadn't printed mine out yet for our cruise in two weeks, but I was looking at my docs last night and noticed they had changed color. Thought it was interesting but didn't really know why. Must be the change in categories since my aft balcony is now 8M! Thanks for pointing that out.

This will be the first time we have to print our docs. I know we don't need all the pages, so which ones do I need to print to get on the ship, besides the luggage tags?

Thank you,

Luanne

If you purchased insurance from Carnival your information will be in the docs and you'd probably want that... If not, the only thing your really need is the luggage tag, normally found on page 7...

Don't forget to print your Fun Pass!!!

Just FYI.

The color of the tags has NO SIGNIFICANCE regarding your luggage and its arrival times. As long as the correct stateroom # is on the tag, you have no worries.

Donthcha think that the cruiselines know that not all passengers have a color printer if they elect to print the darn things out ? :confused:

Such a fuss lately over something as silly as a luggage tag color ! :rolleyes:

If you purchased insurance from Carnival your information will be in the docs and you'd probably want that... If not, the only thing your really need is the luggage tag, normally found on page 7...

Don't forget to print your Fun Pass!!!

Thank you!!!

The color of the tags has NO SIGNIFICANCE regarding your luggage and its arrival times. As long as the correct stateroom # is on the tag, you have no worries.

Donthcha think that the cruiselines know that not all passengers have a color printer if they elect to print the darn things out ? :confused:

Such a fuss lately over something as silly as a luggage tag color ! :rolleyes:

A.) Not all cruise pax have a computer, either, which apparently doesn't bother the cruiselines consdering they went to all edocs. I'm not real sure they're super in touch with their clientele on all bases.

B.) There is no "fuss", it was a reminder.

C.) I don't see "Post Police" anywhere in your title, nor do I recall anyone asking for your personal opinion on whether or not it was a valid post. If you don't like it, or see the validity in it, move along. Nobody is forcing you to read it.

D.) If there was absolutely "no significance" then why would they bother to color code them anyway? Yes, your luggage will probably find you inspite of the color of the tags. But obviously the color coding makes it easier for the handlers, thus less likely for your luggage to be lost or delayed. Personally, if I'm going to be on a ship/in foreign countries for a week, I'd like to do all I can to insure my luggage is where it's supposed to be.

A.) Not all cruise pax have a computer, either, which apparently doesn't bother the cruiselines consdering they went to all edocs. I'm not real sure they're super in touch with their clientele on all bases.

B.) There is no "fuss", it was a reminder. A reminder yes, but not really one that was necessary since other similar posts on this topic caused a stir/fuss over a colored luggage tag being changed !

C.) I don't see "Post Police" anywhere in your title, nor do I recall anyone asking for your personal opinion on whether or not it was a valid post. If you don't like it, or see the validity in it, move along. Nobody is forcing you to read it. And if you do not like my post, that is understandable, but the same theory you think I should follow applies to you as well ! Move On ! Public Board, public opinion....mine is just as valid as yours despite the disagreement.

D.) If there was absolutely "no significance" then why would they bother to color code them anyway? Yes, your luggage will probably find you inspite of the color of the tags. But obviously the color coding makes it easier for the handlers, thus less likely for your luggage to be lost or delayed. Personally, if I'm going to be on a ship/in foreign countries for a week, I'd like to do all I can to insure my luggage is where it's supposed to be.

Good question as to why color them at all other than to make it easier for the crew to know what deck and approx. location they should be when they off load a pile of luggage at a time.

I have a MacBook and there was no way to only open the last page to print the luggage tags. If I wanted them all in color, I would have had to print the entire E Doc for each tag. I called Carnival, and they were no help! Does anyone have advice for me? We are sailing on the Dream on Sunday.

Thanks.

I have a MacBook and there was no way to only open the last page to print the luggage tags. If I wanted them all in color, I would have had to print the entire E Doc for each tag. I called Carnival, and they were no help! Does anyone have advice for me? We are sailing on the Dream on Sunday.

Thanks.

I don't have a Mac, so I probably can't be of any help, but isn't there a window that pops up when you attempt to print the document that asks you how many copies and what pages you would like to print? You can't just open that one page, you have to open the entire file - but your computer should allow you to print only the pages you need.

Archived