NOS Jan 29, 2005 No Cabins available!!!!

Tried to price check our cruise this morning and found it was removed. Call our TA and she contacted RCCL. The ship is totally booked already! Does someone out there know if the ship was chartered? Anyone else sailing with us?

It's been booked by a private group - they've chartered the entire ship.

RCCL will be cancelling your booking. We're booked on this sailing also and haven't heard anything yet from our TA. Too bad, because we had an E1 AFT balcony cabin and were looking forward to it!

Could you ask your TA to find out from RCCL what they are planning to do? Options? Compensation?

Keep us posted.

Were booked on this cruise to and haven't heard anything about it being Chartered. When did this happen? What would RCCL normally do with passengers who have booked?

Thanks for letting us know.

I was booked on this sailing also and it is now chartered and there won't be any compensation since it is so far out. Spoke with customer service about this. I was a little upset also because I wanted eastern on a Saturday departure.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I've just sent an email to my TA asking for his advice/assistance.

How can a cruiseline expect people to accept a cancellation if they are not prepared to 'make good' with their customer who has paid a 'good faith' deposit and upon their acceptance, formed a contract. Not to mention the pre/post-cruise hotels that have been pre-paid (PriceLine) and the non-refundable air tickets?

Any advice or comments?

Thanks!

Wow...I think that is terrible that they could do that to all of you!!! It is almost like saying "your money isn't good enough"!!! How unfortunate. Well...if you are forced to rebook on another ship...it may be just as well. I always believe that everything happens for a reason. Hey check out prices on my upcoming cruise...they are pretty reasonable!!!

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I purposely booked this cruise early (12/25/03) so that I could have my choice pick of cabins. I booked a middle of the hump
balcony cabin to surprise my husband for our 25th anniversary. Our airline tickets have also been purchased.
My main gripe is when was RCCL planing on telling us and other customers that we are out of a cruise? When I noticed that the ship
wasn't listed any more I called my TA. She in turn called RCCL and was told the ship was filled but did not mention that it was
chartered. When I called RCCL customer relations I was told that ship had been chartered and that our reservation was still in the system but that we could be canceled at any time and that I should talk to our TA.

91FLHTCU,

So sorry to hear this was planned as a special cruise (but then again, aren't all cruises special?).

Heard from our TA today (briefly) and he said he hasn't heard anything official from RCL (fax/email) but would contact his sales rep. He said it's best to wait until RCL contact him as they will generally put some type of offer/incentive together in requesting you to move to an alternate sailing.

Please keep us posted on this...I can't believe it really.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Our cruise was also 7 or 8 months out when RCI cancelled because the Enchantment of the Seas had been chartered (I had been trying to find out for 2 months why first it was so full, and later why it was removed from the list).

We were offered two alternative sailing dates at the original price and $100 per cabin shipboard credit. They have a special "redeployment" number you have to call and the people there are not the least bit cooperative. They would not even let me talk with a supervisor. Maybe you'll have better luck.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til Enchantment of the Seas cruise!!!

I'm very sorry for all of you! I would also be very upset! I cannot believe RCCL has not contacted you yet. You would think they would get right on it, so everyone can make other plans and cancel any arrangements they've already made. If you're not too mad at RCCL, consider joining us on the AOS out of San Juan -January 30-February 6.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04
Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04
Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

lmmn,

Thanks for the invite aboard the AOS. We'll have to wait and see what RCL comes back with and if that is one of their "alternative sailing" dates. Not to mention having to re-work flights and paying change fees. I suppose time will tell!

I forgot to mention they did offer some kind of reimbursement if you had already paid for airfare. Since none of us were flying I didn't pay much attention, but do remember it being mentioned.

Heard anything new?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til Enchantment of the Seas cruise!!!

I read about this in the Boston Herald today - though I can't find the article online - the company that has chartered the cruise is Atlantis Events - it's a tour company.

Is this by any chance super bowl weekend and is the game in Jacksonville...I know when the Superbowl is there they are using ships as floating hotels. Just a thought.

Golden Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;23;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Radiance of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Atlantis is an all gay vacation company.

We have decide to jump ship! Instead off waiting for RCCL to drop the ball we have
transferred our booking to the 1/9/05 sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. I am hoping that we will be compensated for having to change our booking and reimbursed for our non-refundable air. If not for our Visa points we would be booking with another cruise line!

Archived