Carnival Pride....Excursion Suggestions?

KTRuby

I've been reading a lot of reviews of the Pride (Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport) but haven't found many mentions of excursions other than Cocoa Beach and Atlantis. Would love some feedback on what's good and what's not!!

We did this cruise in September.

Port Canaveral - we rented a car and drove to the Kennedy Space Center. On another trip, we rented a car and drove to the Daytona International Speedway (a must for NASCAR fans).

Nassua - we the "Discover Atlantis Tour". You could do the same thing on your own.

Freeport - did the Garden of the Groves and Lucaya Maretplace tour.

Go here to see my photos of the ship and the ports: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1062908&highlight=

We did the cruise in October.

Orlando...epcot with ship

Nassau ...set up a discovery dive with Stewart Cove on our own...Very cool site of many movies including flipper 96' into the blue and several others...well worth it.

Freeport had another dive set but weather was bad so we hung out at beach near straw market.

We did the jeep tour in Freeport and it was wonderful, the best we did on this trip. The cost was $100 but the tour lasted almost 6 hours. Our tour guide, Mark, was great and really made the trip enjoyable. I would recommend this excursion to anyone, as it was recommended to me by a friend who also loved it.

We did this cruise in September.

Port Canaveral - we rented a car and drove to the Kennedy Space Center. On another trip, we rented a car and drove to the Daytona International Speedway (a must for NASCAR fans).

Nassua - we the "Discover Atlantis Tour". You could do the same thing on your own.

Freeport - did the Garden of the Groves and Lucaya Maretplace tour.

Go here to see my photos of the ship and the ports: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1062908&highlight=

woodman... can i ask you a question about the space center? which tour did you do and what did you think about it? my 5 year old LOVES outter space, so i was thinking of just spending the extra $ to do the highest level of tour (i forget what carnival labelled it as) offered so she can get the most out of it... any insight on it would be great.

woodman... can i ask you a question about the space center? which tour did you do and what did you think about it? my 5 year old LOVES outter space, so i was thinking of just spending the extra $ to do the highest level of tour (i forget what carnival labelled it as) offered so she can get the most out of it... any insight on it would be great.

We did the basic tour (Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Admission). I purchased the tickets in advance from AAA ($34 per adult). It turned out to be a pretty full day. We did not get to see the IMAX movies or the Astronaut Hall of Fame (located in a remote location).

The first thing you should do is the bus tour. There are three stops. The second stop is the best (by far). After that, go see the space shuttle and do the shuttle simulator.

Overall, two thumbs up.

We did the basic tour (Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Admission). I purchased the tickets in advance from AAA ($34 per adult). It turned out to be a pretty full day. We did not get to see the IMAX movies or the Astronaut Hall of Fame (located in a remote location).

The first thing you should do is the bus tour. There are three stops. The second stop is the best (by far). After that, go see the space shuttle and do the shuttle simulator.

Overall, two thumbs up.

Woodman, thank you for the reply... before I buy the tickets through AAA, how did you get from the port to KSC? Did you rent a car at port or take a cab?

Woodman, thank you for the reply... before I buy the tickets through AAA, how did you get from the port to KSC? Did you rent a car at port or take a cab?

We rented a car. The rental car companies have shuttle buses that pick you up at the port and take you to the rental office. We used Budget, but there are several other rental companies.

Archived