Where to go for our honeymoon HELP!!!

lifeguardjen

We are trying to figure out a nice place to go on our honeymoon. We would like to take a trip either in May or June. We're getting married in St. Thomas and want to do something more exotic for our honeymoon. We were thinking either thahti or asia??? Anyone have any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went on a hawaii/tahiti cruise for our honeymoon 2 years ago, the ship was the tahitian princess. It was the most amazing trip I have ever taken. We wanted a honeymoon that would have things for us to do besides just go to the beach, although we also wanted some relaxing beach time as well. We were able to hit the main attractions of the hawaiian islands like volcanoes national park, a helicopter ride in kauai, waterfalls, as well as the beaches. When I thought things couldn't be any more perfect, we sailed to tahiti. Tahitian beaches were beautiful and we rented cars and drove around the islands. I highly recommend it. I am the type of person who could not just travel to tahiti for a week and hang out there, I did not think there was enough to do. With a cruise, we got to see all of the islands and got some quality beach time in. Congratulations! I hope this helps!

If your looking for that big bang. A Hawaiian cruise is the best for Romance. We went on the cruise and stayed five days at a condo in Maui afterwards.

Though we don't think it was the greatest ship (tacky) or service(americanized), we chose NCLs Pride of America as a floating hotel. Hawaii is expensive and it was cheaper to use the ship as a hotel. The shore excursions were fantasic. The Macadamia nut, twin falls, Volcanos National Park, lava tube shore excursion blew our minds. The ship did a 360 degree spin while the Hawiian ambasidor sang at night to the lava coming down the side of Oahu (think it is still coming down).

If we were to do it over again, we would take Princess as we are now Princess addicts. The only thing was that being a foriegn company they would have to do a foreign port and thus less Islands. NCL America didn't have that problem and has ships starting in Maui. Though the decor was tacky Hawiian, we loved it all the more.

A Honeymoon is what you put into it and the laughing attitude to all the twists and turns (later called Memories).

Pride of America did have a Tribute Room to the USS United States (which I had been on as a child) and a Museum section to Hawaii's greatest queen.

After 25 years of waiting and anticipation, Hawaii was worth it all the more because we cruised it. Just my two cents ;)

The Hawaii/Tahiti Cruise we went on was the Tahitian Princess, Princess cruise lines, it was amazing! The ship was one of the smaller ones I have been on, only holding about 600 passengers, but it made it so much more special as we were able to meet other honeymooners and make a lot of friends. We actually still keep in touch with many of them.

I think we are going to go thahti, we found a great special for a luxury overwater bungalow 5 nights for 3100. I know food will cost another grand easy but i think it's worth it cause the only cruise going there is in september and i can't wait that long lol.

Archived