When is flight info confirmed?

pmoodevlin

I'm assuming you purchased your air through HAL. If that's the case, it could be as late as two weeks before you sail ... when you get your cruise documents. Did you look into purchasing your own flights independently? Generally cheaper, and you know right then when you're going. Since you haven't made final payment, you can back out of the HAL air and get it yourself.

Well we got ours on Nov 7th for our Jan 23rd Westerdam cruise which was earlier than I expected. They sent us an email with the e-ticket information. We booked directly with HAL since this was the cruise I won in Bingo on last year's cruise. Not sure if that's the normal timeframe or not but if so you could get them in a couple of weeks.

I booked thru HAL being we are leaving in Feb and are worried about a storm or airline delays. But I am the same way as you, I'm a planner.

I called HAL ship services a few weeks ago to order flowers and some other things for our room, anyways I asked the lady I was talking to at the time if she saw anything on the computer in front of her about our flight. She said this isn't set in stone but..... and told me the details of the flight and said it needed to be approved first then it would go to my TA then to me.. Still waiting for my DOCS. lol

But the funny part to me is HAL is flying us into Miami and then we go to FLL. Bus to FLL. Leave FLL after the cruise and have a layover, then another plane to MSP. I looked online after I got off the phone, "curiosity", and the flight for 2 was a little over twenty one hundred for the both of us (RT). I'm sure Hal gets some type of deal but I only forked over around eleven hundred.

Plus if we get delayed because of weather and miss our dam ship.. not our problem.. Good luck.....

Archived