transfer capital 1 points over?

alhohen

Does anyone have any definitive information on transferring old Carnival points to the new sea miles card. The letter I received from Carnival said that they could be with appropval. Has anyone actually tried it yet or heard anything concrete? I'm sure the new card isn't as advantageous as the old one or Carnival wouldn't be changing it. Anyway something is better than nothing and free or discounted travel seems like such a nicer reward than cash back that you could get from other cards. Thanks.

Guest cruzr44

I think it is too early for anyone to have already changed over. I really don't know if I want another credit card. I might just have to book another cruise to use up my points. Now, that's going to be tough!

I have gone onto their website looking into their new credit card, and imho it stinks. You can't get $$ off a cruise.... and you need 50,000 points for one person for an outside cabin 7 day Caribbean cruise. When I asked if you could upgrade to a balcony, I was passed for one person to another, only to be told "no one knows at this time"! I have decided I will use my 23,000 points ($500 off) on a cruise this May to use them up. I have already applied for an icruise.com card and feel this offers more opportunities to have $$ off my upcoming cruises (34,000 points = $1,000 off a cruise).

My credit is less than great (Thank-you going out to my ex for THAT parting gift!) I was actually quite surprised that I even got approved on my Cap 1 account, and I'm sure it's because I already had my business card through them and have been absolutely militant about paying it off when I use it!! Doubt I can get approved from a company that I don't already have a banking relationship with!! What I want to know, is what is thte Carnival card going to become?? Just a regular credit card? A miles card?? What happens when they discontinue a program associated with a card?

Does anyone have any experience with what happened the last time that they switched cards??

Karen

I have gone onto their website looking into their new credit card, and imho it stinks. You can't get $$ off a cruise.... and you need 50,000 points for one person for an outside cabin 7 day Caribbean cruise. When I asked if you could upgrade to a balcony, I was passed for one person to another, only to be told "no one knows at this time"! I have decided I will use my 23,000 points ($500 off) on a cruise this May to use them up. I have already applied for an icruise.com card and feel this offers more opportunities to have $$ off my upcoming cruises (34,000 points = $1,000 off a cruise).

I think it's too early too say it stinks. Giving them the benefit of the doubt the new card can be used for all cruises and airline tickets. Just how good it works out is what remains to be seen. It's interesting to hear that you wanted to upgrade to a balcony because that has always been in the back of my mind. I wonder if anyone has ever paid a fee and and upgraded to a free balcony cabin? A free oceanview on an older ship doesn't appeal to me so I would have taken the $1,000 off of one fare.

When we did the apply over the phone I asked the guy if it was true that we could transfer the pts from Capital One to SeaMiles. He said once approved and you recived the cards and the terms and conditions thing we could call and they would tell us what to do.

Does anyone have any experience with what happened the last time that they switched cards??

Karen

The old card kept earning points under MBNA travel cruise rewards. The new Cap1 started earning points for CCL cruises. In this case when CCL ceases with Cap1, I assume it will be just a regular card with no rewards. But...will cap1 like hundreds or thousands of people jumping to Seamiles? What will cap1 offer to keep us or are they prohibited from contacting us with another offer.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived