Micracle - What is the swim pool like for toddlers still in diapers?

computerkitten

I think bringing your own very small blow up pool would be a good idea. DH and I bought one for our young grandaughter this summer and it didn't take many buckets of water to fill it. Surely you could find something to fill it with. Little ones need to get cooled off too.

How and where did you fill it? Where was it when DGD used it? How and where did you empty it? Really curious, as I read about this all the time. TIA.

How happy would you be to jump in a pool if you saw a elderly person with depends swiming around in the pool "just in case they had a accident", now thats what the rest of us see when we see a kid with diapers or pullups near a pool.

I posted in your thread on the Family board, but I'll answer here, too, for any other people who are curious.

There are signs all over the Miracle that have these arrows pointing to where various places are. At the aft area of Horatio's (the Lido restaurant), there's a lit sign with an up arrow to a kids pool. Most people took that to mean the aft pool (which was ahead) and were promptly removed by pool security (does the Miracle still have pool security? It was pretty heavy when we were onboard).

There IS a kids pool up on deck 10. Carnival states that no diapers/Swimmers of any kind are allowed in any pool, so I suppose those pools are for kids who are potty trained but can't swim yet, but they only have a few inches of water and are pretty small.

This is the pool. It's near the funnel and it's pretty far removed from anything else.

DSC_0413.jpg

Would you want your child swimming in a pool with another kid that pee'd in it? Kids swallow water. Nuff said. Gross!!!!! Keep your child out of pools please. Even the wading pool has no business with swim diapers.

Any child in a pool with a swim diaper on has their urine or anything more disgusting contained within the diaper...it's those without them on that has me worried! Tell me you've never peed in a pool?? ha! btw, the chlorine will kill any bacteria from urine--which is sterile to begin with.

besides, if your child is like anyone else your BM's should be on a somewhat predictable pattern and you could schedule pool time after the fact. Then you wouldn't even need the diaper(especially if they aren't allowed) --who's going to know your child isn't potty trained? they'll be soaked with water and you couldn't tell otherwise....

Any child in a pool with a swim diaper on has their urine or anything more disgusting contained within the diaper...it's those without them on that has me worried! Tell me you've never peed in a pool?? ha! btw, the chlorine will kill any bacteria from urine--which is sterile to begin with.

besides, if your child is like anyone else your BM's should be on a somewhat predictable pattern and you could schedule pool time after the fact. Then you wouldn't even need the diaper(especially if they aren't allowed) --who's going to know your child isn't potty trained? they'll be soaked with water and you couldn't tell otherwise....

There is no chlorine. The pools are filled with saltwater.

This is why no diapers in the pool. http://www.marlerclark.com/practice_areas/view/atlanta-white-water-waterpark-e-coli-o157h7-litigation

Don't worry about the rules:( We just got off the Liberty last Saturday and the hot tubs on the Lido deck looked like kiddie pools. The DW being a RN did mention to security since most of them had diapers on and they walked up looked turned around without a word. The adults were no better drinking wine from water glasses out of their state rooms while in the hot tubs. Needless to say we did not get in the hot tubs all week.

I agree. My kids wore cloth diapers (disposables were not easily available, and were very expensive!) All but one were trained by age two, and I didn't even do anything. They let me know by pulling them off, leaving them in place, and heading for the potty. Aaaah....the good old days of Desitin, crinkly plastic pants and diaper pins stuck in a bar of soap!

You're singing my song. The first "disposable" diaper I ever saw was when my second chld was born in 1963. They put one on him when I brought him home...there were a few news ones tucked in the bag too.. I hated them.

I can't believe that people use these things every day..they are so expensive and so unneccessary and are a major waste product clogging landfills. YUCK.

As for potty training, as soon as they could toddle around on their own 2 feet, they were familiar with their own potty chair and both kids were trained well before 2... By 2, they were night-trained too. Same with the bottle...both were weaned before they were 1.

Not to mention they are mostly salt water, which might make a toddler barf. Then you might have 2 different problems, one from each end.

Would you want your child swimming in a pool with another kid that pee'd in it? Kids swallow water. Nuff said. Gross!!!!! Keep your child out of pools please. Even the wading pool has no business with swim diapers.

There is no chlorine. The pools are filled with saltwater.

This is why no diapers in the pool. http://www.marlerclark.com/practice_areas/view/atlanta-white-water-waterpark-e-coli-o157h7-litigation

Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware the pools weren't chlorinated.

Seems like this fact could be a big reason why norovirus can spread so quickly on a ship. (I've had before--not fun when you are horribly sick on your flights back from Europe to the US.) :eek:

How happy would you be to jump in a pool if you saw a elderly person with depends swiming around in the pool "just in case they had a accident", now thats what the rest of us see when we see a kid with diapers or pullups near a pool.

Carnival has never said anything to me while I swam in my Depends.... I guess it just depends on the pool police from ship to ship.....

Carnival has never said anything to me while I swam in my Depends.... I guess it just depends on the pool police from ship to ship.....

EWWWWWWWW!!!!:eek: Your an adult. You should know better. This is even worse than a kid doing it!

You're singing my song. The first "disposable" diaper I ever saw was when my second chld was born in 1963. They put one on him when I brought him home...there were a few news ones tucked in the bag too.. I hated them.

I can't believe that people use these things every day..they are so expensive and so unneccessary and are a major waste product clogging landfills. YUCK.

As for potty training' date=' as soon as they could toddle around on their own 2 feet, they were familiar with their own potty chair and both kids were trained well before 2... By 2, they were night-trained too. Same with the bottle...both were weaned before they were 1.[/quote']

Well, I didn't use bottles, but used myself, instead. Preferences for bananas, cooked rice, oranges, Ritz crackers, peanut butter, popsicles, Kung Pao chicken, guacomole, and bagels with cream cheese overcame my motherly instincts. And they didn't even have many teeth! Saved a fortune on dental floss!

How will you fill it, where will you put it while in use, and where will you empty it? Is this your first cruise?

I'm curious about this too. Not being a smart you know what, just that it's our first cruise and I wonder if there will be kiddie pools around the deck? Then where do you drain? Overboard? LOL (j/k)

Otherwise, lighten up a little on the op. She was asking about kidding pools, not the main pool. Yes, diapers in pools are gross, but so are kids that aren't really trained. Shame on those parents for sneaking those kids in. But then... big kids pee too... and so do adults who have been drinking (at least at AI's with swim up bars... ewww)

So my motto is not to swim in anything that small and full of kids (or drunk/drinking adults) and I don't personally have to worry about. However, if I was a parent, I wouldn't want my kids in other kids urine. ewww.

I'm curious about this too. Not being a smart you know what, just that it's our first cruise and I wonder if there will be kiddie pools around the deck? Then where do you drain? Overboard? LOL (j/k)

Otherwise, lighten up a little on the op. She was asking about kidding pools, not the main pool. Yes, diapers in pools are gross, but so are kids that aren't really trained. Shame on those parents for sneaking those kids in. But then... big kids pee too... and so do adults who have been drinking (at least at AI's with swim up bars... ewww)

So my motto is not to swim in anything that small and full of kids (or drunk/drinking adults) and I don't personally have to worry about. However, if I was a parent, I wouldn't want my kids in other kids urine. ewww.

Kidding pools aren't even available for the UTT tots. However, each ship has an Adulterous-only pool.

Archived