Recommendations for excursions with young children, please

teachere

We will be traveling to the Mexican Rivera on Royal Caribbean over Thanksgiving. Our children are 3.5 years and 8 months old. Yes, I know...it is going to be exciting :p! The ports of call are Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, Manzanilla, and Ixtapa. Does anyone know of good excursion we could go on with our children at any of these ports? Or good activities that are walking distance (beaches, etc.)? Also, do we need to bring carseats? Thanks so much!

We will be traveling to the Mexican Rivera on Royal Caribbean over Thanksgiving. Our children are 3.5 years and 8 months old. Yes, I know...it is going to be exciting :p! The ports of call are Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, Manzanilla, and Ixtapa. Does anyone know of good excursion we could go on with our children at any of these ports? Or good activities that are walking distance (beaches, etc.)? Also, do we need to bring carseats? Thanks so much!

We will be on your same cruise. Although my kids are aolder so I do not have a lot of ifeads for you.

Cabo... you can take a water taxi to any of the beaches or just wander around

Mazatlan.. We are horseback riding on stone island, which probably does not appeal to you. But stone island is a fun place just to hang out as well.

PV... can't think of anything for the younger ones. There is a a resort that alows cruisers in Krystal I believe it is called. Not sure if they are charging now.

Manzanillo... there is a turtle sanctuary 35 minutes from town that the kids might enjoy. The are private tour companies, ship excursions and I have hear you can take a taxi, but that seems like an unsre and pricey option.

Zihuatanejo... there are two great beaches. One better for snorkeling and one with calmer waves. This thread had a lot of good info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1062245

Good luck, as you said it should be exciting. Check out the board for our cruise http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=922953 there is a meet and mingle set up. Lots of kids going. I did not realy notice if there were any younge ones.

We're on this cruise also. My kids are 5 and 8. So far the only excursion we have planned so far is in PV we're doing the Pirate Ship. We booked with Johann and Sandra. It sure sounds fun.

In Cabo we plan to take a catameran around los arcos and then do a beach day. I think it'll be Stone Island in Mazatlan or the Golden Zone. No plans yet for Manzanillo but will go to Los Gatos in Zihuatenejo.

Have you signed up for the meet and mingle? Nikki

Archived