Sneak Booze ?

gigman

Just returned from the Liberty. We put our Crown Royal in diet coke bottles, we put our dark rum in Coke bottles and put our vodka in empty water bottles. We put these in our checked luggage and everything came right to the room. On the way to the port, we had the cab driver stop and we bought canned cokes which we carried on with no problems. We could then mix drinks while we were in the cabin. When we were in port, we bought champagne and put the bottle under our binoculars and we had no problem bringing it on the ship. Room service brought us ice and glasses to enjoy the champagne in our cabin. I don't know why you need a rum runner, any empty plastic bottle or flask works and I don't know how they would see it on their luggage scan. They didn't see mine. They were scanning 10,000 bags on the day we boarded, the odds are in your favor and the worst thing that can happen is they take it away from you.

LOL

You're funny.

But really, when I first ran the search on google, I fully expected recipes for making rumrunners. The drink! I never dreamed it would be so totally easy to find the flask bags.

When it gets right down to it, it seems like a hot water bottle would work. You know, the rubber bags from the old days to apply heat to the body. Do they still make those. :confused: :D

I'm still happy paying the drink of the day price on Radiance - $5.95. The same drinks on Monarch and Freedom are $8.95 - a price I refuse to pay even once.

And bloody marys and mimosas are only $5 on Radiance until noon. Stock up for later. ;)

All ships are not created equal.

Gina

Hi Gina...i could be wrong darlin but im not sure how alcohol would be sitting in a rubber cylinder??? Im thinking ewwwwww lol

Try a listerene bottle...we are going to do that on Rhapsody. We usually just fill 1.5 Lt water bottles and put it in our luggage on P&O but from what ive read on here i don't think we would get away with it on Rhapsody of the Seas :(

Good Luck. RCCL Checked the seal on my water bottle and my diet coke bottle to make sure it was still factory sealed.

No, no wine or bubbly allowed on RCCL.

How did they check the seal? Did they just look at it or did they unscrew the cap a bit to verify the safety ring was unbroken?

Hi Gina...i could be wrong darlin but im not sure how alcohol would be sitting in a rubber cylinder??? Im thinking ewwwwww lol

Try a listerene bottle...we are going to do that on Rhapsody. We usually just fill 1.5 Lt water bottles and put it in our luggage on P&O but from what ive read on here i don't think we would get away with it on Rhapsody of the Seas :(

Don't use the Listerene bottle, terrible aftertaste.

Last year on Carnival Spirit to Hawaii I packed a combination of Rum Runners and a six pack of Mix 1 protien drink bottles with booze. The drink bottles are plastic and bright colored-not see through. I had Baily's in most of them, wrapped in bubble wrap and a baggie. Went through like a charm! I ran the bottles and lids through the dishwasher first to get rid of the taste. At 11oz a piece was a nice amount!

My BIL used mouthwash bottles for vodka....and lots of them. I was thinking, how much mouthwash must they think anyone needs. More than a small bottle would seem fishy to me. :p

I'm not serious about the hot water bottle. I was even thinking enema bag...now talk about ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D LOL

Another satisfied Rumrunner user here! Enroute we "restocked" at a grocery store in Hawaii, sat on a bench outside the Shopping Center, opened a liter rum bottle, pulled out RR plus siphon and made the transfer (a passing wino actually felled off his bike watching this gray-haired gal do this). Put the RR in the zipped side pocket of my nylon purse and it went right thru Rhapsody's x-ray.

I used rum runners in sept. i took six filled with different rums, scotches, and bourbons. My wife was still uneasy so I then put each in a large zip lock bag and put in my checked bag. No problems and so nice to have drinks from the room . Still bought plenty of beer and dod from the bars.

So do you think its easier to take it on Rhapsody in your walk on bag or luggage?

Is alcohol expensive in Hawaii? Obviously we can't take it on the plane from here so this cruise we would have to buy it in Honolulu.

Donna

I just posted on another post about alcohol. This happened on a recent cruise where a passager told the Capt. he was irate because the crew took his wine from his luggage. It never happened to him before in all his cruises with RCI. The Capt. responed "Well those crew members were not doing their job". The audience applauded. So maybe on your cruise the crew will do their jobs!! I'm not a prude but what is the big deal about smuggling alcohol on a ship?? That question really doesn't need an answer.

Carol

Well im thinking half the applauding audience probably snuck something onboard they shouldnt have. Those that didn't probably went back to their cabins thinking why didn't we think of that lol.

Why do it?? I would say you will get many different reasons...

Mine would have to be...hmmm lets see....cause i can :)

Secondly ..cost. Over a 17 day cruise i can't afford to pay $8.95 each drink and before you say anything...nooooooo i don't drink a lot. But if im going on a cruise then yes i do like to sit back and have a few.

Even with taking booze on board, our group still racks up quite a sum of money for drinks onboard so its not like we aren't building up the ships bank account at all. We just enjoy a few quiet ones in our cabin.

In saying that though...if i got caught i certainly wouldn't become irrate. I would laugh it off and think better luck next time.

I'm not a prude but what is the big deal about smuggling alcohol on a ship?? That question really doesn't need an answer.

Carol

Well Carol... perhaps you shouldn't have posed the question if you didn't want an answer??? :rolleyes:

We're headed out on the Grandeur in January. First time on her, but third RC cruise. I'm amazed reading this thread!! We've been on 12 Carnival cruises and packed cases of beer and mini bottle of liquor and NEVER been caught. I'm getting worried now about this cruise. Anway, anyone know what kinds of domestic CAN beer do they serve in the bars? I don't mean the aluminum bottles. I mean actual cans of beer. If anyone remembers, I'd appreciate it!! Gotta go buy that case soon. Thanks!!

I have used rum runners on 3 cruises. Filled them with rum and vodka, tossed them in my luggage with my clothes, no ziplocs. No problem whatsoever. My room steward even organized them for me on the counter.

FWIW when I was on Princess last year, people were bringing cases of Corona onboard in full view. Heard something like "If it's not served on the ship, you can bring it on..."

Archived