Hal Oosterdam Shore Excursion in Puerto Vallarta

marcyjane

Question for anyone that might have taken the Town, Country & Tequila Ship Excursion Tour in Puerto Vallarta.

How much time did you have at the are called Malecon, (the boardwalk) area and shops.

Thanks so much,

Marcy:)

Hi Marcy! We took this tour a few years ago. It was actually quite interesting to learn the process as our daughter-in-law's family owns a ranch/tequila factory in Gaudalajara. When we returned to Puerto Vallarta we left the tour to shop and have lunch on our own. The last stop was the cathedral, which we had seen many times before. We just let the guide know so it didn't mess up his count.

Puerto Vallarta has lots of wonderful shops scattered about...not just on the Malecon, and is one of our favorite ports. It is easy to get a cab back to the ship, and ashame not to spend some time in town if you are on a morning tour.

I know this didn't really answer your question. I seem to recall the tour stopped at a shopping plaza on the outskirts of town before we headed for the tequila ranch. I doubt that there was a whole lot of time at the end of the tour. They pretty much wanted people shopping at specific stores. There were stalls at the tequila ranch for brief shopping. The dockside market also is extensive and will have everything you have seen elsewhere for approximately the same prices.

Enjoy your time there!

Karen

Archived