Excursions

Pebbles1967

Can someone please tell me how and when to book excursions?

Also when we dock at a destination are we on our own or will transport be provided taking us 'to town'? Is this what excursions are for?

Sorry for all the questions. Im a virgin cruiser and want to be well prepared for everything I can.

Pebs

Can someone please tell me how and when to book excursions?

Also when we dock at a destination are we on our own or will transport be provided taking us 'to town'? Is this what excursions are for?

Sorry for all the questions. Im a virgin cruiser and want to be well prepared for everything I can.

Pebs

As a first time Disney cruiser, you will be able to book excursions and Palo dining (adults only restaurant) 75 days prior to your sailing date. I'm not sure how close "to town" they dock on the European cruises.

You don't have to book any excursions if you don't want to. On my last Disney cruise [Eastern] we didn't book any excursions. Where the boat docks is usually very close to town, you can either walk in or take a taxi. On most of the Islands we stopped at we just took a $10-$20 taxi ride to the nearest beach. If you book through Disney you're also going to pay alot more than just booking directly with an independent operator. Although I guess booking through Disney would be easier.

Thanks everyone. I'm certainly going to book Palo but the land excursions I'm not so sure. We're cruising with a 6 and 8 year old. I think we would also be better off taking a taxi to town or just hang out on a beach.

This is my virign voyage so I'll be learning about everything for the next time!

Just ordered Passporter's Disney Cruise... guide book. I heard it's chock full of great info and tips!

Pebs

Those going on the European cruise, where did you find the passporter's guide? I didn't think it would be out until March 2010.

So excited for the European cruise June 2010.

Happy Sailing.

What part of Europe are you sailing to? Just curious.

I ordered my Passporter's guide today off Amazon.co.uk. It was the 2009 binder style that comes with pens, etc. It was about £22 and included postage. The new guide doesnt come out until Feb but I wanted it now. ;)

Archived