Brass Holiday Ornaments/2 Questions

Cindy G

I began my collection of Christmas ornaments back in the old days of the Zenith and Horizon. It was usually my first purchase when I boarded ship. I just returned from the Mercury last Monday and was unable to find any in the onboard gift shop. They used to be in a small red box approx. 3" X 3" with "Nation's Treasures" appearing on the side. Now it seems that they have a different silver and blue version in a blue box.

My first question is: Are the brass ones still available? Did it happen that Mercury just didn't have them in stock? I tried asking the store attendant, but he didn't have a clue as to what I was asking about. Has anyone seen these ornaments on any of the new ships, or is it something which Celebrity is phasing out. I did purchase one on the Infinity in Jan. of this year.

Second question, does anyone have a Summit, Millie or any of the new ships which they would want to sell? Or would anyone be willing to buy one for me? I would send you the money before your cruise to cover the cost and the postage.

I am thinking of doing a small "Celebrity" tree this year using the ornaments and our old seapasses attached to a small ribbon. I have a few swizzle sticks and maybe a couple other mementos add.

Thanks in advance, CCer's.

Cindy G.

I began my collection of Christmas ornaments back in the old days of the Zenith and Horizon. It was usually my first purchase when I boarded ship. I just returned from the Mercury last Monday and was unable to find any in the onboard gift shop. They used to be in a small red box approx. 3" X 3" with "Nation's Treasures" appearing on the side. Now it seems that they have a different silver and blue version in a blue box.

My first question is: Are the brass ones still available? Did it happen that Mercury just didn't have them in stock? I tried asking the store attendant, but he didn't have a clue as to what I was asking about. Has anyone seen these ornaments on any of the new ships, or is it something which Celebrity is phasing out. I did purchase one on the Infinity in Jan. of this year.

Second question, does anyone have a Summit, Millie or any of the new ships which they would want to sell? Or would anyone be willing to buy one for me? I would send you the money before your cruise to cover the cost and the postage.

I am thinking of doing a small "Celebrity" tree this year using the ornaments and our old seapasses attached to a small ribbon. I have a few swizzle sticks and maybe a couple other mementos add.

Thanks in advance, CCer's.

Cindy G.

Sorry I can't help you, but I just wanted to say that I think that is a great idea. It will sure be a special tree and conversation piece if you have guests.:)

I was on Solstice in May and was also looking for these ornaments. No luck. The shop keeper seemed to think they had stopped making them :confused:.

They had a different type, a 3-4" replica of the ship. Not as nice in my opinion, but I got it anyway!

Oh no! I was afraid of that, especially when the attendant on the Mercury had no idea what I was talking about. But then I just bought one on the Infifnity in Jan. so I was holding on to the hope that maybe other ships would still have them.

Carol, thank you for your kind offer. I just sent you an email. Have a terrific cruise and Bon Voyage!

Cindy G

Archived