Roll Call Spirit Dec. 16th-21st

Martita B.

Sailor's

JB and I decided to fly to St Thomas for this pre-Christmas 5 dayer ~~St Thomas to Ft Lauderdale. A short, but festive sailing!:p

Anyone else joining us?

We're looking forward to seeing the new beautiful Spirit Sister, after her dry dock "face lift."

Martita B.

Happy to hear you'll be aboard! Do you know of anyone else that has booked?

Were you aboard the Pride Xmas'NY's cruise in 2008? Could we have met? I was aboard the 1st week ~~Ft Laud to St Maarten.

Hope more book this holiday voyage!:p

See you there ~

Cheers

Martita B.

Could be we will have Guests that booked the week before and added the 5 dayer on ~~~this is a very short voyage and usually few want to go for just 5 days.

I checked the Seabourn website and only one * as to booked/full suites, soooo we may have few passengers!

I'm looking forward to seeing "Foxy" again on Jost Van Dyke! He's quite THE character ~~also "The Soggy Dollar" is a fun cantina!

See 'ya aboard at the Sail Away ~~I'll be pearched on my stool pesterin' Nelson and Shawn!

Martita B.

John

Nelson flew from the Odyssey in Oct. and joined the Spirit in Lisbon during dry dock. He'll remain on the Spirit as he enjoys visiting his home in South America. Shawn will also be aboard the Spirit ~~he is soooo good as Sky Bartender. I'm thrilled both will be sailing with us. Talk about " top deck entertainers???":D

MB

John

Nelson flew from the Odyssey in Oct. and joined the Spirit in Lisbon during dry dock. He'll remain on the Spirit as he enjoys visiting his home in South America. Shawn will also be aboard the Spirit ~~he is soooo good as Sky Bartender. I'm thrilled both will be sailing with us. Talk about " top deck entertainers???":D

MB

Martha,

Just had to reply and agree with you about Shawn!!!! He was brilliant! What a guy! He kept my champers filled up constantly & Steve with such lively concoctions e.g. White Russians, Singapore Slings - he was a pleasure to watch. One of the few barmen I know who could hold an intelligent, informative conversation about his wonderful Cape Town home, keep EVERYONE around the skybar and beyond topped up, clean up, wash up and answer the phone all at the same time! What a Guy! Can't wait to travel with him again! Give him a big hug from Mrs Jackson will you Martha! tell him we'll be emailing him soon for his Itinerary for our holiday to South Africa!

Anne :D:D

Anne

As much as I adore Nelson, Shawn is a very close 2nd! He is the BEST bartender I've ever had on any ship! I gave him my Seabourn sunglasses as his "thank you" gift~~I had, of course, taken Mr. Nelson his Christmas Seabourn special sunglasses during our holiday cruise last year. Both looked quite festive and spiffy! Will take both their Santa Claus hats on Dec. 16th ~~Yipppeee, a party!

Surely wish 'yall were sailing with us!

Cheers!

Martita B.

An update ~~just had an e-mail from Nick Hale (aboard the Spirit)

He will go on his R&R vacation in St Thomas, Dec. 16th. I'm so sorry we'll miss sailing with Nick ~~he's so much fun ~~one of our best Cruise Directors!

Jan Stearman will come aboard. I hope Dan, her husband will join her. Dan use to play the saxaphone in the Seabourn Band before it was replaced. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Dan's kindness and thoughtfulness to my Mother when she sailed with me many years ago.

Happy Turkey Day ~~and safe travels.:p

Martita B.

JB and I are so happy as "The Champagne Lady" and her West Texas Princess daughter will be joining us for the Spirit pre-holiday cruise.

We'll meet in St Thomas at our B&B, then board the ship, Dec. 16th.

I'm looking forward to seeing our Seabourn Family ~the Staff, Crew and Guests.:D

Safe travels during the Thanksgiving holidays,

MB

JB and I are so happy as "The Champagne Lady" and her West Texas Princess daughter will be joining us for the Spirit pre-holiday cruise.

We'll meet in St Thomas at our B&B, then board the ship, Dec. 16th.

I'm looking forward to seeing our Seabourn Family ~the Staff, Crew and Guests.:D

Safe travels during the Thanksgiving holidays,

MB

Sounds like the party will be festive! You and Jane are really the "turn-a-round" queens! How nice to be able to pick up and go. Our Tempe keeps us from doing that..or we would be right with you! Lola :)

Anyone book the Spirit Dec 16th at the last moment?

Visiting with "Blue Lagoon Dr," I'm guessing the sailing will not be a sell out ~~in fact I'm thinking the 'lit Spirit could be half/full!

JB and I are looking forward to a few festive holiday get togethers.

And, of course, am anxious to see Mr Nelson along with the rest of our Spirit family ~~

I hope all safe travels, especially today ~~be careful on the roadways.:D

MB

I'm anxious to see the Spirit after her dry dock "face lift." I believe the Club, Observation Lounge and Deck 5 Lobby have all been redone. Along with new carpets ~~ other areas were redone/remodeled.

I twisted a couple of arms of 2 Seabournites from Naples, Florida and yippppeee they booked our "shortie" holiday sailing. (Scalawag's, as well)

See 'ya in 'ole St Thomas:D

Martita B.

Change of Officer's and Staff for the Spirit Dec. 16th sailing.

Capt. Emil Holthe will be at the helm. Hot Man, Ralph de Klijn has joined, replacing J. Grossman. Jan Stearman, CD. And Maitre'D, Armando L. in the dining room. (I don't think I know Armando ~~has anyone sailed with him?)

Nelson will Master the Sky Bar and Shawn in the Club. Kai O, will continue as Staff Captain ~~(I've known and enjoyed Kai for many years) Freddy, Chief Eng. will go on vacation Dec. 9th ~~

I don't believe I will know many Guests ~~ 5 to be exact!;)

Looking forward to a fun pre-Christmas sailing ~~

I'm planning on visiting with Mr. Foxy on Josh Van Dyke! (a real character :eek:)

Happy holidays to all!

Martita B.

Change of Officer's and Staff for the Spirit Dec. 16th sailing.

And Maitre'D, Armando L. in the dining room. (I don't think I know Armando ~~has anyone sailed with him?)

Martita B.

Hi, Martita!

I think you are referring to Armand Louw( Maitre d'Hotel). You are in for a treat! Armand is a Pro...He and Shawn grew up together in South Africa. He brought Shawn to Seabourn. Both are amazing. You'll find Armand is everywhere! ;)

Johnny

Foxy's big black dog is named "Taboo!" He roams around the Island like he owns it!

"Joost Van Dijk" was a 17th century pirate.....Dutch, I believe.

There's not too much to actually do on the small island but I always enjoy visiting "Foxy's" or "The Soggy Dollar Cantina."

Looking forward to seeing and visiting with Foxy and maybe his son, Dean, will be at the cantina.

Happy weekend!:p

Pinkie

Johnny

Foxy's big black dog is named "Taboo!" He roams around the Island like he owns it!

"Joost Van Dijk" was a 17th century pirate.....Dutch, I believe.

There's not too much to actually do on the small island but I always enjoy visiting "Foxy's" or "The Soggy Dollar Cantina."

Looking forward to seeing and visiting with Foxy and maybe his son, Dean, will be at the cantina.

Happy weekend!:p

Pinkie

Hi Martha!

Yes, you're right about Joost van Dijk, a Dutch pirate (one of many I'm afraid..).

I have some photos of the "Soggy dollar cantina". Located on a beautiful beach - a nice intermezzo!

Have a nice Sunday!

Marja

Archived