Upgrade After Final Payment Question

hawt1

Maybe I am overthinking this but, we have a Category 8 cabin right now. We are past final payment and think taht prices may come down a bit for our cruise. But there are no cabin 8's left.

IF a better cabin comes available for less than we paid, can we ask for an upgrade and get that cabin plus any refund? I would think so but....

Thanks.

Yes, you can always upgrade. Just happened on our Solstice TA. They had a price drop and people upgraded from C2 to C1 and from C1 to AQ. Usually it is a wash, but if there is any price difference in your favor, they will give you OBC.

For example, if you paid $1299 for a C2 stateroom and they had a price drop -- C1 came down $1399 to $1199, and your C2 came down from $1299 to $1099. Your options are as follows:

Get $400 OBC and remain C2, or upgrade to C1 and get $200 OBC.

Don't know if it's the same on Celebrity, but on a recent RCCL cruise we started in an inside. The price dropped on balconies to $320 total more than our inside, so I upgraded us. Then the balcony price dropped $200 (so now only $120 above the inside.) So we got $200 OBC. Then the price of a Junior Suite dropped to the same price as the balcony 5 days before the cruise & there was only 2 left. We snagged the JS. If Celebrity works the same way, cheap or no cost upgrades can be had, especially after final payment.

We just upgraded to concierge recently, got a credit as well, because the concierge was less than we had paid, plus, the fare again went down and we got another onboard credit. I'm still watching the fares, but I think I've about worn out the cow -- we feel like the next one will be a check from celebrity - but seriously, keep your eye on the fares, or availabilityof other cabins. It's definitely worth it.

Archived