Club or Camp for a 14 year old?

Kaboochi

Camp Carnival is for ages 2-11, Club02 is for 15-17. I can't find out what is available for my 13 year old daughter, who will turn 14 while on our cruise. I hope someone here wll have info. I can't imagine her wanting to be with us adults the entire time. Thanks/

Her program is called "Circle C". It's an extension of the Camp Carnival for the younger kids. Some of the newest ships have developed Circle C clubs much like the separate Club O2 for the high school teens. She'll love it.

Her program is called "Circle C". It's an extension of the Camp Carnival for the younger kids. Some of the newest ships have developed Circle C clubs much like the separate Club O2 for the high school teens. She'll love it.

JSGLOW,

Thank you so much. Now I know she will have a great time with teens in her age group. Do you know if I need to sign up for it prior to the cruise, or can I wait until we are onboard? Happy Cruising

You can go to the Carnival website and pre-register her. This will save time once you are on board. My 13 yr old loved it. In Oct. we wer eon the Pride. She spent more time in the club or with the group than she did with us. At one of the night time deck parties I could not get close enough to the stage yet the counselor was able to take the group of teens right to the front and let them party with their group. They also toured the ship and got some insider's info about the ship from the counselor. Your child will love it. Tons to do all week, she can pick and choose.

Susan

JSGLOW,

Thank you so much. Now I know she will have a great time with teens in her age group. Do you know if I need to sign up for it prior to the cruise, or can I wait until we are onboard? Happy Cruising

There will be a listed time to take her when you are onboard. :)

Tell her to gear up for fun. I was really worried when we started taking our kids on cruises. I was afraid they would feel like we took them to the 'babysitter' so we could all go have fun without them.

Boy, was I wrong. My children LOVE Camp Carnival (And yep, it's Circle C for your daughter) and I have a hard time getting them OUT of it.

One of the things he loved best was the 'parties' they have a few nights on the cruise. It's an extra charge ($20 or something like that) and your child goes from 10:30 at night till 3am. They'll bring her back to the cabin personally and put her in bed. They don't just sit and watch movies all night so mom and dad can have time together. Those kids PARTIED like rock stars. :) Carnival does NOT try to hide the children away. You'll see them trooping all over the ship, doing scavenger hunts, and hanging out in their own disco like room. :)

You can go to the Carnival website and pre-register her. This will save time once you are on board. My 13 yr old loved it. In Oct. we wer eon the Pride. She spent more time in the club or with the group than she did with us. At one of the night time deck parties I could not get close enough to the stage yet the counselor was able to take the group of teens right to the front and let them party with their group. They also toured the ship and got some insider's info about the ship from the counselor. Your child will love it. Tons to do all week, she can pick and choose.

Susan

Thank you, this will be just perfect for her. Do you know when I can preregister?

There will be a listed time to take her when you are onboard. :)

Tell her to gear up for fun. I was really worried when we started taking our kids on cruises. I was afraid they would feel like we took them to the 'babysitter' so we could all go have fun without them.

Boy, was I wrong. My children LOVE Camp Carnival (And yep, it's Circle C for your daughter) and I have a hard time getting them OUT of it.

One of the things he loved best was the 'parties' they have a few nights on the cruise. It's an extra charge ($20 or something like that) and your child goes from 10:30 at night till 3am. They'll bring her back to the cabin personally and put her in bed. They don't just sit and watch movies all night so mom and dad can have time together. Those kids PARTIED like rock stars. :) Carnival does NOT try to hide the children away. You'll see them trooping all over the ship, doing scavenger hunts, and hanging out in their own disco like room. :)

Thank you, she will have a blast - however, if she is up until 3am I will pay for it the next day - how about 12am:D All of your posts are making us even more excited about cruising on the "fun" ship

I would not pre-register. They will actually have a nice Carnival Host standing in the atrium the instant you walk on that ship. That nice young man or lady will instantly notice your daughter, approach her, and personally invite her to the evening "Welcome" gathering. If the host happens to miss her, immediately check your Capers (daily events paper) to see the time and location of the "Welcome" gathering for her age group.

She may protest a bit on the way there. Ignore her and don't take no for an answer. After picking her up an hour later, she'll tell you about her new friends and all they will be doing. You'll have to remind her that she needs to spend a little time with you. It's really that awesome and the counselors are absolutely fantastic with each age group of kids. You'll wish they could come home with you.

I'm kind of forgetting the exact rules as it pertains to the different age groups. My recollection is that Circle C kids come and go as they please. Obviously, the younger one's get signed in and out. And the benefit to the very tight age group restrictions is that the kids have everything in common. High Schoolers (Club O2) do high school stuff, middle schoolers (like your daughter) do middle school stuff. Little kids do their thing.

The overall youth program is at least 50% of why my teenagers love crusing. In fact the timing of our cruise in 4 days is to give our soon to be 18 yr. old daughter one last "teen program" cruise. And one last "O2" sticker on her Sign & Sail card. And knowing her, she'll have a posse of first time cruising teen "chicks" following her out of the Club O2 the first night because she is a veteran and will be "showing them the ship". Our 15 yr. old son will be hanging with his new buds showing how good he is at XBox360 before they all head off for a slice of pizza looking :cool:.

Archived