Belize Excursions

runner1909

For the Altun Ha Ruins (and the Zoo and other stops) we highly recommend Margaret Montero who owns Belize Exclusive (along with her partner Desmond Tillet), email: mdstourstravel1@yahoo.com and please mention that Chris and Agatha from New Jersey sent you to her. Go to: http://www.*****/tours.html then scroll to the bottom of the page.

26_20_1.gif

The actual Altun Ha Excursion is 3-1/2 hours (Altun Ha is located 32 miles from Belize City on the northern road which usually takes between 50 and 60 minutes to get to Altun Ha). The prices quoted were $30 USD per person (group of 7 or more) OR $33 USD per person (1 to 6 people). The entrance fee to Altun Ha is included in these prices (there is a credit card service charge of 5% if payment is made that way). It also includes $5 USD per person Belize Tourism charge.

Margaret met us where the tender drops you off at the pier. She was standing near the gate with a sign with our group name on it and she was parked just around the corner. The van was a late model Ford with air conditioning. They also have a second larger van for really big groups and for emergency backup. Inside the van she has a large cooler with complimentary water and sodas.

With Margaret as our guide, she took us past many local sights and explained all about Belize and its people and customs. She was also our personal guide at the ruins. On the way back she helped us to find reasonably priced local cashew wines and was willing to do whatever it took to make our stay in Belize memorable. In short, she was GREAT!!! Our party of eight was so happy with her that we tipped her an additional $40 above and beyond the cost of the tour.

We cannot give a higher recommendation. ~Chris :cool: :cool:

These tours sounds wonderful.Thanks for the informations I tried this web site on another post and it didn't work, after I tried this post and it works,

The combination,Wondering if there will be time.

I mail her and and get back a mail right away She says we will have time..

She sound wonderful in her mail.

Our Ship set sail at 5:50pm,which we got to be an Board by 3:15. :)

As I wrote in another thread, Margaret is the best! She knows her country and you will learn alot from her. She is such a sweet lady and will make sure you get to the ship on time. Tell her Lori say hi too. I did send her a copy of my cc thread and heard right back from her.

Hey Chris,

Margaret told me about you. When we took our tour with her I was talking with her about this site. She said that someboday by the name of Chris was with her and wrote a review about her. I told her I would too and will e-mail a copy to her. So, what did you think about the cashew wine???? We really did not like it...of course being from Calif.,we do have a lot of great wine here. We all tipped her about $10 extra per person, so she made about $70 more on our group. She definitely deserved it. Did she take you to the Bird isle restaurant? It was really good. We had a great meal and drink for $5 per person. Our bill came to $40 for the 8 of us (Margaret included) and we bought her meal. I also cannot speak high enough of her.

Lori

Archived