**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

1) More live music. It's sad to watch the reduction of live music every year.

2) Rock wall. Much as I hate to admit it, I really enjoyed this on NCL and it would be relatively easy and inexpensive to add to every ship.

3) A new ship design around 80,000 GRT.

1) I would implement reciprocating VIP perks between sister cruise lines for Milestone Rewards Member. If you have sailed more than 25 times on Carnival....you have earned the benefits on sister cruise lines.

Only Carnival cruises would count.... Princess and Cunard do that....as does RCCL and Celebrity.

This would do two things....it would encourage Carnival cruisers to more into their more expensive sister cruise lines without the risk of losing a valuable loyal Carnival cruiser. Folks would still sail Carnival because they love Carnival AND still give the more expensive lines a try.

Secondly, it would encourage loyal cruisers to reach the Milestone level since this would be a REAL perk.

2) I would give the CDs a PA (personal assistant) so that the CDs could spend more time with the guests. Currently Carnival has CDs doing way to much "administrative" paperwork.

3) I would eliminate smoking inside....except for a designated smoking room that is just for smoking. A place where no events are held so that nonsmokers do not miss something they have paid to enjoy.

I would quit building larger ships, expand the number of Spirit class ships, and as the Fantasy class grows outdated, build more to replace them.

Longer itinaries on smaller ships.

Add new innovations to the smaller ships. (With less people, more could enjoy them.)

Leave the smoking policies as they are.

I would quit building larger ships, expand the number of Spirit class ships, and as the Fantasy class grows outdated, build more to replace them.

I would love this being in Tampa. Bring another Spirit class to run Friday - Sat and Sat - Fri alternating intineraries. Can't do Sat - Sat with the Inspiration needing the dock every other Saturday and Legend needing it on Sundays.

Fri - Sat 8 day Itin: Key West, Nassau, HMC, Day At Sea, Grand Turk, Day at Sea, Day at Sea

Sat - Fri 6 day Iten: Key West, Day At Sea, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Day at Sea

I would have a FoodTV cruise. Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence.. etc...

with specialty item.. like a dessert designed by Duff Goldman (Pride cake?), an Iron Chef comp. with passengers, Guy Fieri as the cruise director, Michael Symon OR Robert Irvine doing an Dinner: Impossible with what they can find on the buffet... etc etc.

~Kawa

Offer different All-inclusive packages for alcohol:D

And offer BYOB packages..... people could openly bring their own liquor and beer without smuggling:D Also you could bring your bottle to the bar and have them make the drink for you using your liquor for a small fee.

Offer different All-inclusive packages for alcohol:D

And offer BYOB packages..... people could openly bring their own liquor and beer without smuggling:D Also you could bring your bottle to the bar and have them make the drink for you using your liquor for a small fee.

I knew if this thread went long enough a great idea would come up. I LOVE this idea, where do I sign up?:LOL

I would have a FoodTV cruise. Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence.. etc...

with specialty item.. like a dessert designed by Duff Goldman (Pride cake?), an Iron Chef comp. with passengers, Guy Fieri as the cruise director, Michael Symon OR Robert Irvine doing an Dinner: Impossible with what they can find on the buffet... etc etc.

~Kawa

Great ideas! I'd love for Guy to be the CD!:D:D

Bring back the "Wow me Factor". No matter how many cruises I take, wow me each time, just like the first time!

Knock my socks off with terrific menus, outstanding quality of food at EVERY meal, where ever it's served on the ship. Wow me with EVERY show, EVERY comedian, EVERY individual I come into contact with that works for Carnival.

I'd put into place a better system to insure that the employees "Wow" every cruiser. And yes, I would address the cost if drinks and shore excursions, and the approach uses by Carnival to direct you on their "recommended stores". I would assign a team to review websites such as these to get a feel of what the cruiser likes and dislikes. I would PAY ATTENTION when people constantly express their displeasure about some CD's that are irritating, and make corrections. I would institute a better reward system for outstanding employees, rather than handing the employee of the month piece of paper. Give him a fat check in front of the whole audience, give him a gold vest to wear that month. Do away with automatic gratuities. In my opinion, (as the CEO of Carnival) employees used to try alittle harder to be personable with the other system. Not that the other system was without falt, just find another way to do it, without passengers being able to stiff the employees.

I agree with 100% of this post. I've just completed my 9th cruise (7th with Carnival). I love the cruise line, but do miss the "wow me" factor....every time. :)

Whooo hooo...started this thread last night and all ready have over 1,000 views....

Carnival has a gold mine of ideas here. Let's hope they are watching and let's keep this going...so, here is another...

I would have the draw for a free cruise at the past guest's reception like it once was and not a draw on the final evening of cruise. This is what was done on Conquest last month and I assume it is this way on all ships. I also found it odd that additional tickets were sold to this free cruise draw. I mean come on...throw past guests a bone...(LOL):D

1) No smoking at all anywhere. I can still smell your nasty smoke in my room from decks away.

2) Raise booze prices. (you know you drunks will pay it) oh only drink on my cruise and not to get drunk.

3) More Non- booze choices.

4) Change reward system. example- base it on room size and length of cruise so cheap bastards in FL dont get 10 curises in 2 months on 2 day cruises and reward those who pay for expensive rooms on longer cruise.

5) A limo service for Suite rooms

6) Put a wall on the bow deck so i can look out my window with out seeing people.

I like the idea of computerizing the photo choices. Just think it would be fast to find your photo and save them big bucks.

1) No smoking at all anywhere. I can still smell your nasty smoke in my room from decks away.

2) Raise booze prices. (you know you drunks will pay it) oh only drink on my cruise and not to get drunk.

3) More Non- booze choices.

4) Change reward system. example- base it on room size and length of cruise so cheap bastards in FL dont get 10 curises in 2 months on 2 day cruises and reward those who pay for expensive rooms on longer cruise.

5) A limo service for Suite rooms

6) Put a wall on the bow deck so i can look out my window with out seeing people.

I like the idea of computerizing the photo choices. Just think it would be fast to find your photo and save them big bucks.

Wow, now those are candid comments...:eek:

To all you people that would lower cruise prices and drink prices and give away more freebies, "If you ran Carnival!"

Well "If you ran Carnival," that way. You would soon be fired. It is a business and the bottom line is the FIRST consideration.:p

To all you people that would lower cruise prices and drink prices and give away more freebies, "If you ran Carnival!"

Well "If you ran Carnival," that way. You would soon be fired. It is a business and the bottom line is the FIRST consideration.:p

The board of directors are probably pretty content with what they have after reading this thread.

Archived