IDA "took out" Dream Webcam!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Well -- the storm that Mach and others enjoyed during their 2 night CTN must have been REALLY bad, as the (Dream) WEBCAM has not worked since Saturday. :eek:

It would be nice to see it now, as she FINALLY heads to Florida - I am sure that Lido deck is finally getting a workout!

Heading to Pt. Canaveral to "welcome" the Dream when she docks here tomorrow as a port of call on her first (of two) 8-day sailings from NYC -- some other CC'ers will be there as well. I can't wait until she starts sailing from here on 12/3/09... actually I am counting the days! ;)

Tom

Well -- the storm that Mach and others enjoyed during their 2 night CTN must have been REALLY bad, as the (Dream) WEBCAM has not worked since Saturday. :eek:

It would be nice to see it now, as she FINALLY heads to Florida - I am sure that Lido deck is finally getting a workout!

Heading to Pt. Canaveral to "welcome" the Dream when she docks here tomorrow as a port of call on her first (of two) 8-day sailings from NYC -- some other CC'ers will be there as well. I can't wait until she starts sailing from here on 12/3/09... actually I am counting the days! ;)

Tom

I can assure you that the cams are fine. It's the uplink that's not working.

As Melissa mentioned in one of her posts the internet connection was 'wonky'... The antenna is stationary and when the ship rolls heavily the link to the satellite breaks and so does the image from the cam. So, if the connection isn't up when the image is scheduled to update there's no image!!

:)

Say hello to that large, lovely lady for me...

... The antenna is stationary and when the ship rolls heavily the link to the satellite breaks and so does the image from the cam. So, if the connection isn't up when the image is scheduled to update there's no image!!

Well - here's to hoping they get get back "online"! (I figured the cams were "OK" ;)) :D

Say hello to that large, lovely lady for me...

My pleasure - looking forward to it... along with: Antigua, Tortola, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. :cool:

Tom

Well - here's to hoping they get get back "online"! (I figured the cams were "OK" ;)) :D

My pleasure - looking forward to it... along with: Antigua, Tortola, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. :cool:

Tom

Please say hi to Todd for me. Great guy and a darn fine cruise director.

Do NOT miss the Pasta Bar! It's great. Also, hit the supper club. There's new additions to the menu that will go fleet wide in the next three or four months. Great stuff!!!

Please say hi to Todd for me. Great guy and a darn fine cruise director.

Do NOT miss the Pasta Bar! It's great. Also, hit the supper club. There's new additions to the menu that will go fleet wide in the next three or four months. Great stuff!!!

I was in touch with Eva (Chef's Art) and have 4 nights booked - after seeing the menu's which Bill posted, I can't wait!!

I am hoping that John and/or Todd will be able to make it to our CC meeting (about 150 individuals). We shall see!

Tom

Where can I see these???

YIKES... it was in one (of MANY pages he posted). I think it was during his Transatlantic sailing (if not then check out his Med pics).

Below is a starting point and, if nothing else, PLENTY of good shots to be found!

LINK

Tom

Tom

Make sure to take a bunch of pictures! :D

THANKS!

(You just had to torture us with the ONE TIME ONLY Lunch Menu ---LOL)

Did you try out a meal in there (dinner)?

Tom

No problemo. :D

They actually served lunch 3 times in Chef's Art during the crossing, but I understand the menu was always the same.

We knew a number of people that did eat in Chef's Art with no complaints from anyone. Still a great experience.

We enjoy the food and especially our people (Ken, Martina, etc) in the MDR to experiment too much. (but we also like Eva in the Supper Club). No, we did not try dinner in the Supper Club.

FYI, Martina indicated this is her last contract. Going... going...

Martina was your headwaiter or a hostess in the dining room? You captured some classic Ken photos.

I know what you mean about missing the dining room experience (when it's GOOD)! We have had some great teams in the MDR - to the point that we almost felt like we were "cheating" on them if we missed a meal in there!

Tom

THE WEBCAMS ARE BACK UP !!! :D

:D Woo-Hoo !!!!!! :D

FYI, Martina indicated this is her last contract. Going... going...

After all the great pics you took of this server who seemed to have a lot of moxie, and seemed to really enjoy being with your 'eternal' table of long-term cruisers . . . . I'm going to look her up when I sail (along with T-n-C) in a few weeks. :)

Archived