Interesting article

Just read this article about comments from Carnival concerning pricing and innovations. Obviously some direct hits at RCI and Oasis in the comments.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3548

I actually had to laugh. Farcus talks about gimmicks. Well let's see, RCI placed mini golf courses on their ships years ago and who finally broke down and added mini golf courses to their fleet?

Who was the first to add water parks to their ships and who has now gone back and refitted their Fantasy class ships with water parks?

Who was the first to add cantilevered whirlpools and who just added them to their newest ship?

Which cruise line added a full Aqua Theater and who went back at the last minute and added a laser light show? Was this the best that they can do?

I guess those so called gimmicks are good enough that Carnival has tried to keep up with their competition. While Carnival may be taking the safe route when it comes to ship building, they are doing nothing to grow the business. Their newest ship is just a stretched version of the Destiny class that entered service in the mid 90's. Nothing new.

Whether they want to admit it or not, they have to keep fares low to fill ships and even the Dream still had cabins available for their first sailings out of Pt. Canaveral at low prices.

I know that many people love the Carnival experience but I was one that grew tired of it. Mainly due to the new ships that they were turning out. I do think that it's rather humerous that they would take that much time during a press conference to discuss RCI/Oasis even if they did not mention them/it by name. Time will tell if RCI did the right thing with Oasis but we all read the same thing about the Voyager and Freedom class when they were introduced.

Just read this article about comments from Carnival concerning pricing and innovations. Obviously some direct hits at RCI and Oasis in the comments.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3548

I actually had to laugh. Farcus talks about gimmicks. Well let's see, RCI placed mini golf courses on their ships years ago and who finally broke down and added mini golf courses to their fleet?

Who was the first to add water parks to their ships and who has now gone back and refitted their Fantasy class ships with water parks?

Who was the first to add cantilevered whirlpools and who just added them to their newest ship?

Which cruise line added a full Aqua Theater and who went back at the last minute and added a laser light show? Was this the best that they can do?

I guess those so called gimmicks are good enough that Carnival has tried to keep up with their competition. While Carnival may be taking the safe route when it comes to ship building, they are doing nothing to grow the business. Their newest ship is just a stretched version of the Destiny class that entered service in the mid 90's. Nothing new.

Whether they want to admit it or not, they have to keep fares low to fill ships and even the Dream still had cabins available for their first sailings out of Pt. Canaveral at low prices.

I know that many people love the Carnival experience but I was one that grew tired of it. Mainly due to the new ships that they were turning out. I do think that it's rather humerous that they would take that much time during a press conference to discuss RCI/Oasis even if they did not mention them/it by name. Time will tell if RCI did the right thing with Oasis but we all read the same thing about the Voyager and Freedom class when they were introduced.

Well, said....:D:cool::D

Archived