Just Back from Majesty - Couple of Notes plus Questions Answered If Any

dyjack

Just off Majesty on the three night itinerary. We were on her in 2003 and it was nice to see the upgrades. While I’m not going to do a review I’ll add a few comments and will answer any questions folks might have.

There was no Loyalty Ambassador onboard as ALL LAs were onboard Oasis learning about the ship and having a conference. We were given slips to fill out that asked for our credit card number. Those will be given to the LA next week and will be processed then. I was a little bummed by that as I was ready to book the next cruise AND by a Next Cruise certificate. We’re supposed to get an email letting us know the certificate will be processed.

We were invited to a Crown and Anchor reception the last night of the cruise. I thought this was a mistake as I’m still just gold (getting there). It was not. There were cocktails and hors d'oeuvres as well as nice music. The CD – Ricky Williams was there as well as someone from sales. There wasn’t a strong sales pitch as there was no loyalty ambassador there to process our requests. All in all, it was a very nice evening. Oh – they recognized one man with 260 sailings and another with over 100. Interestingly enough, the invite went to the three of us (I cruised with my mom and 17 year old). They are both gold as well but I thought it was interesting that he was invited. No worries of course as he didn’t want to go.

Let me know if you have any questions. I know most of the posts these days are about the newer ships which is fine but there are those folks out there who love the older smaller ships too. For me, these smaller ships are perfect for a quick weekend getaway which is what I was looking for!

Thanks for your post dyjack!

The Majesty has always been my favorite ship!...first ship I ever cruised on (1993) and the last so far! I read on these boards that she's not going away as previously planned...did you hear any news relevant to that? Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed the Maj. I like her too. :)

I see no mistake in your being invited to a C&A party...if you're gold, it means you're a repeat customer, so party away! I just finished my fifth and final "gold" party. Movin' on up! :) (slowly but surely)

I got the impression from the crew that it would be around a bit longer. They said that some people really like the smaller ships and have let RCI know that in response to Oasis. So I think it will be there for a while.

Will be on the Majesty in Feb, on their 4 night Bahamas cruise. Am a little apprehensive, not of the Majesty but of cruising again after not having cruised in about 20 years.

And of course, cruising when you're in your 20's and single is MUCH different than cruising in your 40's and married with someone who has never cruised. My H is already telling me that he's going to sleep in our closet the week before we go, so he'll get used to the size of our cabin. :p While I know they are small, they aren't really claustrophobic small, right? I don't remember them being so horrible, albeit I was never in my room that much.

How is the coffee on the Majesty? I have heard good and bad about the coffee on RCI in general, just wondering if Majesty is any different.

How was your disembarkation? Any problems getting off board?

I have some questions since you did the same trip I am doing in late January... PS I too am apprehensive... the wait is killing me!

*Was the trip full of drunks??? I have been warned the 4 day trips are often a nightmare because the drinking gets out of hand.

* Did you do any of the excusions? Recommend any side trips?

* Since it is only a 4 nighter should I bring on a duffle of soda and skip the soda package? Seems like a good part of each day is spent off ship anyways so BYOB might work just as well.

* What was the temperature like? Could you enjoy the outside deck and CoCo Cay?

* Favorite spot to 'escape' on the ship???

Thanks.

*Was the trip full of drunks??? I have been warned the 4 day trips are often a nightmare because the drinking gets out of hand.

We've done some four-night cruises on Majesty in January. This has been our experience. The heaviest partiers and drinkers don't take the four-night cruise which is during weekdays. The partiers tend to favor the three-night weekend cruise. Even then, the party crowd has places on the ship they like to congregate which may not be the time of day and the area of the ship where you will be.

In January, the crowds tend not to be so young, instead, many retirees and people who can get away in January. Thus, they are quieter and more reserved. Of course, there might be a few notorious exceptions.

Majesty was our first ship and I remember being worried about the size of the cabins. It was perfectly fine for two as long as you are organized and don't over pack. We were actually three to a cabin this time and it still wasn't bad. I wouldn't recommend it for anything longer than four nights or for those who enjoy lots of cabin time (3 to a cabin that is).

Because we were a 3 nighter there were some partying but it wasn't anything obnoxious.

Gotta tell ya we were all raving over the coffee. Would love to know the brand.

Disembarkation was a breeze. Only complaint is that you have to walk up stairs and down stairs in some cases. Not good for those with walking difficulties. I saw a few people struggling. There were no waits - very organized (more so that Ft. Lauderdale).

We snorkeled in Coco Cay and really just relaxed. We did the See and Sea Excursion in Nassau and then spent the remainder of the day exploring on our own. Those on the 3 night itinerary may hit Nassau on a Sunday when a lot of the shops are closed. Liquor and jewelery stores were open but the number of vendors was a lot lower than I would have expected.

No other excursions as we were really just looking to relax this time.

If you have the 4 night I assume you still hit Key West (we did on our 4 night Majesty a few years back). Our excursions that time were really kid focused due to my son's age at the time. I think we did do the Conch Train (I think that was the name).

I wouldn't bring soft drinks. The cost of the soda package for 3 or 4 nights isn't much more than the cost of the really nice cup you get. You can easily get your money's worth with that package. Plus there really isn't much room to store it on Majesty as you can with other ships.

The weather was perfect. There were a few spots in the ocean while snorkeling where you could feel a cooler current but for the most part it was quite enjoyable.

We've sailed Majesty and her twin sister, Monarch, several times. Since Empress is gone, they are the two oldest and smallest ships in the fleet. Yet, everyone loves them!

The crew and staff are outstanding. You will have a really wonderful cruise. On the 3 and 4 day shorties, they pack in seven days of things to do. Never a dull moment.

And we've done both the 3 and 4 day cruises, and have never seen a really drunken crowd . . . just a lot of people having a good time.

Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the replies.

Sometimes a little 'hand holding' goes a long ways...

I really want this to go well...

which only tends to heighten my anxiety.

BTW Nassau seems to get mixed reviews on CC...

Especially 'Straw Market' ???

But the public end of Atlantis seems to be liked ?

Senor Frogs... a definite stop??

Your opinion ?

Again thanks.:)

Thanks for those tips! I just might check out the coffee before paying for the stuff at Lattetudes then. I am really hoping that my H doesn't freak out at the size of our cabin. Fortunately for us, we will be in port most days (4 night cruise) and have booked a room at the Comfort Suites in Nassau in order to enjoy Atlantis. At least if he feels claustrophobic we can spend a little time in a bigger room there.

I am hoping that the weather will be conducive for us to do the parasailing in CocoCay. They say that Feb is temperamental, but it has to be better than the frigid temps of Iowa that time of year! I love Key West (grew up in Miami) so I know we'll find plenty to do there.

We just hit our 90 day mark countdown....I am so excited I can't hardly wait!!

Archived