Princess Cays & insects

macedontraveler

Several threads have mentioned insect bites, mostly near the bungalows to the left as you look at the shore. Are they bothersome if we go to the right? Should we plan on taking repellent?

We have booked the bungalows for the last 2 years. We have never had any problems with insects. We always go the last week in January so maybe it has something to do with the time you are there?

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of the bungalows....we have reserved one but don't know much about them...can anyone clue me in as to what to expect???

We have booked the bungalows for the last two years and we love it. The first year they delivered our food right to the bungalow. Last year, we had to either go to the BBQ our selves or pay extra for delivery of an upgraded BBQ. We made this choice and the meal was excellent. There was lobster and shrimp in one of the courses. I believe the cost was $50.00/person.

• 1 month later...

I was there in Late October and early November and don't remember any insects really. i do remember them badly on St Thomas though at megan's bay a lil bit away from the shore near the bathrooms and public facilities. my friends had some very nice welts to take back to the ship! i am sure it is dependant on the time of year too if that helps.

Speaking of the bungalows....we have reserved one but don't know much about them...can anyone clue me in as to what to expect???

We booked on last April & loved it! Have booked one for next March!

Do a search of this forum for "bungalow" -- there's been a lot written.

Here are a couple links just to get you started:

Princess Cays - Compiled Info : Beach/Water activities, Food/Drinks, Bungalows, Facts

Princess Cays Photo Tour

Several threads have mentioned insect bites, mostly near the bungalows to the left as you look at the shore. Are they bothersome if we go to the right? Should we plan on taking repellent?

Take the bug repellent even though it doesn't always work. We were at the Cays the last week of November. Didn't think we were being bitten, didn't feel a thing, but we did end up scratching that night. Not as serious as some reports I've read but itchy all the same.

Janette

Archived