Post cruise sightseeing

perlgirlnj

We're coming in at the Pan Am pier. I seem to recall someone saying that there was a booth which booked sightseeing trips for people with late flights. They would fill a van, including your luggage, do a few hours of sightseeing, and take you to the airport when it was time.

Can anybody tell me more about this? We have a late flight and I'd love to use the time without having to get ourselves & our luggage around.

We're coming in at the Pan Am pier. I seem to recall someone saying that there was a booth which booked sightseeing trips for people with late flights. They would fill a van, including your luggage, do a few hours of sightseeing, and take you to the airport when it was time.

Can anybody tell me more about this? We have a late flight and I'd love to use the time without having to get ourselves & our luggage around.

Two weeks ago my family arrived at the Pan Am pier with about 5 hrs to spare before checking into a hotel. We were approached by a driver from San Juan Happy Tours, who offered to give us a tour of Old San Juan and bring us to the hotel (or airport) while storing our luggage, for $25 pp. Tired of dragging our luggage around, we agreed to the tour and were glad we did.

Our driver, William Torres, turned out to be very personable and knowledgeable as he toured the city. We made a few stops, including the capitol building and old fort, then he dropped us off to explore the heart of Old San Juan on our own for a couple of hours. After returning to the van(comfortably air-conditioned) he promptly dropped off his passengers going to the airport and various hotels.

I thought it was a pretty good deal considering we would have to pay two taxi fares, plus arrange for luggage storage to accomplish the same itinerary.

Another option is to take a taxi to Barrachina restaurant in the old town, where they will store your luggage. We stopped here on our walk around town and had a free Pina Colada!

Archived