How many shoes should a lady pack

elvisbuff

Who are you?? Where are you ??--right in my state!! I thought I was the only one !! It is a great luxury to be able to drive to the pier and have your "stuff" with you. Two years ago we packed for QM2 cruise, which is very formal--left one bag at home by mistake--it had ALL the shoes in it !! But I always have one pair of evening shoes in the carryon in case of lost luggage...worked fine until more shoe buying at the first port!!

hi again ericka I amright here in midtown and ct. When I fly I always take my high end shoes on the plane and I love not having to fly thats why when I leave from NY I have more shoes, lol:D

hi again ericka I amright here in midtown and ct. When I fly I always take my high end shoes on the plane and I love not having to fly thats why when I leave from NY I have more shoes, lol:D

Exactly why we sail only from New York---I noticed we are on the same cruise March 6 !!!! We must have a contest to see who brings the most shoes !!! In truth, I have been trying to cut down..without much success!!

No matter how long the cruise' date=' I take 3 pair of shoes; wearing one pair on the plane.

Walking shoes/sneakers, sturdy sandals and plain black dress pumps with the lowest heel I can find.

I usually wear the walking shoes on the plane......[/quote']

I think we have the same shoe wardrobe! I also take a pair of nicer light flipflops (shaped like flipflops but leather) to use as slippers at the hotel in-transit or at the beach or pool. The reason I say "nicer" is that I will sometimes wear them to dinner.

Viv

oh my thats a tough question; but i usually take a suitcase just for shoes! i had 16 pair one time and it was just a 7 nighter! I like different shoes with different clothes and i like OPTIONS! So pack as many as you can you never know what will happen.

YIKES!!!!

I'm on the other end of the scale. I KNOW what I'm wearing and take only the clothes I'll wear....and I pack in a 22" roll-on-board usually under 40 pounds.....

Freedom is less luggage. If I could figure out how to do it with NO luggage, I would.

YIKES!!!!

I'm on the other end of the scale. I KNOW what I'm wearing and take only the clothes I'll wear....and I pack in a 22" roll-on-board usually under 40 pounds.....

Freedom is less luggage. If I could figure out how to do it with NO luggage' date=' I would.[/quote']

Lol I am bad I must admit I am always charged for extra weight on my luggage but I like to bring my closet with me some days I don't like what I was going to wear so I go into my closet get something else. Its why I love traveling solo I get to use more space:)

A Lady should not pack any. She should have her maid pack them for her.

Sorry- couldn't resist. This discussion comes up again and again- last year there was someone who pack about 3 pair for each day- an entire large case of shoes. My feeling- Shoes? You mean I have to wear Shoes on the ship? Damn. In fact, I brought 2 pair of sandals (dress and everyday) and a pair of tennis shoes (now called athletic shoes or whatever) for excursions. And a pair of slip on cloggie things for the plane.

on a number of things. The first thing I consider is if I'm driving to the port or flying. If I'm driving I take as many as I want. If I'm flying, I'm so much more conservative because of the airline weight limits and having to carry all of that luggage. The one thing that helps is remembering my taking all of my different colors and types of shoes on my last cruise and then wearing one pair maybe once or some not at all. Now I think it's way too much hassle to haul that weight around. I'm sticking to a basic color scheme in my wardrobe this time. I'm finally realizing less may be more. I'll be on a 12 day (actually 15 days away) med cruise in a few weeks and I'm trying to limit myself to 4 pair. Oh, the pain. :eek: :D

i am going on a 13 night ta. How many pairs of shoes do you think i might need as a woman. I was thinking i would take walking shoes, slip on open toed dress shoes, ball room dance shoes, and flip flops. Do you think that enough?

all of them.

I think it all depends on "how old you are". When I was young...the number was pretty high.

Now at 60 something....I live life simply. Sneakers, strappy black sandals that can be used for "dress or casual". Water shoes if going on the beach....and that's it for me. No separate special piece of luggage anymore...getting old has it's perks....you just do not care about this stuff anymore and it's kind of liberating.

This question really brought back memories. On our honeymoon cruise, 20 years ago, we participated in The Newlywed Game. One of the questions posed to my new husband was "How many shoes did your wife bring on this cruise?" Well, I've always been somewhat of a "shoe hound" and I had 11 pairs (it was a 5 day cruise). Believe it or not, he nailed it!! I knew he was definitely a keeper. :p

i think it all depends on "how old you are". When i was young...the number was pretty high.

Now at 60 something....i live life simply. Sneakers, strappy black sandals that can be used for "dress or casual". Water shoes if going on the beach....and that's it for me. No separate special piece of luggage anymore...getting old has it's perks....you just do not care about this stuff anymore and it's kind of liberating.

amen:d

I think it all depends on "how old you are". When I was young...the number was pretty high.

Now at 60 something....I live life simply. Sneakers, strappy black sandals that can be used for "dress or casual". Water shoes if going on the beach....and that's it for me. No separate special piece of luggage anymore...getting old has it's perks....you just do not care about this stuff anymore and it's kind of liberating.

hahaha, love this post! Uneamie, I am waiting waiting waiting for the day I take few shoes and can finally proclaim "I have arrived." Right now I am just working on seeing the true color of my hair...I think I have a silver streak and I am kind of liking it. When does the few shoes/less packing thing come into the picture...is it one of the last things we become liberated from? I anxiously await!

coka-who-still-takes-12-or-more and wears maybe 10 of them.

I swear coka you and I have alot in common. I brought 14 on the Gem this past Oct used all of them sometimes buy a pair while I am in Italy lol, I can't imagine not wanting all my shoes but maybe its like reading glasses sooner or later we all need them. Happy Thanksgiving all, I have alot to be thankful for:o

I am going on a 13 night TA. How many pairs of shoes do you think I might need as a woman. I was thinking I would take walking shoes, slip on open toed dress shoes, ball room dance shoes, and flip flops. Do you think that enough?

that should be enough. Even for 4 weeks in Europe including a baltic cruise I only took 1 pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of sandals and my dancing shoes. If your dancing shoes are proper ones like mine, they will be comfy like slippers anyway even with 2.5 inch heels. :D

I swear coka you and I have alot in common. I brought 14 on the Gem this past Oct used all of them sometimes buy a pair while I am in Italy lol, I can't imagine not wanting all my shoes but maybe its like reading glasses sooner or later we all need them. Happy Thanksgiving all, I have alot to be thankful for:o

Got the reading glasses last spring! So, if we ever cruise together some day, know that I claim the top closet shelf where the life jackets are located. That is where my shoes go. For everything else I just need one other shelf and 1/3 of the hangar space. LOL

coka

hahaha, love this post! Uneamie, I am waiting waiting waiting for the day I take few shoes and can finally proclaim "I have arrived." Right now I am just working on seeing the true color of my hair...I think I have a silver streak and I am kind of liking it. When does the few shoes/less packing thing come into the picture...is it one of the last things we become liberated from? I anxiously await!

coka-who-still-takes-12-or-more and wears maybe 10 of them.

Ha ha....the day you "arrive" sneaks up on you without notice or permission.

One day you wake up and don't give a flying fig what "others" think of your "daily choice" of attire....and more importantly you realize that "nobody really gives a crap" about what your are wearing but YOU. That's when it starts to dawn on you that some of your choices are a huge waste of time........UNLESS, they give YOU pleasure. If that's the case then you are happy just where you are.....and that is where we all want to be.....just simply HAPPY.

As for the "hair" ....I have not arrived on that yet. I do not like, and cannot for see liking my "gray hairs" yet. I am far from liberated on this issue. I still go thru all the bells and whistles to hide it... but at least this won't take up any room in my luggage. ;)

that should be enough. Even for 4 weeks in Europe including a baltic cruise I only took 1 pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of sandals and my dancing shoes. If your dancing shoes are proper ones like mine, they will be comfy like slippers anyway even with 2.5 inch heels. :D

Mine are proper dancing shoes (latin style) but I have the very short heels (not cuban) 1 1/3".:) I like to look pretty but also like to be very comfortable.

I am going on a 13 night TA. How many pairs of shoes do you think I might need as a woman. I was thinking I would take walking shoes, slip on open toed dress shoes, ball room dance shoes, and flip flops. Do you think that enough?

You will not believe this but my wife took 15 pairs of shoes on our cruise two years ago.She packed shoes in one bag, zipped it up put it in the pile. She packed another bag the next day and forgot she had packed the other with shoes. Anyway, when we unpacked she had 15, that's fifteen pair of shoes. We have never laughed so hard in our life. I have not had 15 pair of shoes my whole life. The next cruise, last January, she made sure she packed lite when it came to shoes.

She has always accused me of overpacking. Not any more.

As many as you can! Since I always want to wear the ones that I left behind.

On our cruise last month to MR we were lucky enough to be able to drive to the port, so what I do in that case is pull out the old, beautiful, oversized suitcase that can't be used on airplanes anymore, fill the bottom half with clothes and top it off with all the shoes you can get in. Works pretty well and you don't have to struggle with the decision of which ones to bring the whole week prior to sailing!

Got the reading glasses last spring! So, if we ever cruise together some day, know that I claim the top closet shelf where the life jackets are located. That is where my shoes go. For everything else I just need one other shelf and 1/3 of the hangar space. LOL

coka

Coka you are to funny sounds fair though, sadly my bras are the size of hammocks so I neeed a drawer or 2:eek:

Archived