Carnival Snorkel Excursions-Grand Cayman

LakeTravisJK

Has anyone previously done any of Carnival's snorkel excursions that can tell me how many people filled the boats and quality of snorkeling? By quality I mean how big and deep the reef is, how alive the coral is, type of fish, and how long you get to snorkel at each stop.

Specific excursions are called: 1. Reef N Rays Snorkeling, 2. Barrier Reef Snorkel, 3. Shipwreck & Reef Snorkeling, 4. Coral Reef & Stingray Safari.

We enjoy shallow snorkels the most, with live corals, sea fans, vibrant tropical fish.

Could we do two, back to back excursions? If one ends at 11:30 and another begins at 11:30, is there enough time?

Also, do you get an option being dropped off along the way back for beach or shopping? Are there plenty of taxis to get back if you do stop? Does traffic get congested with a mad rush back to the tender docks just before departure? I think we'll have 2 ships in port our day there.

Do yourself and yer wallet and HUGE favor! I did my homework before our last cruise, on Valor 2 weeks ago, and had a great time. If you have your own Snorkel gear it's even better...most dive shops carry a set for around $100.00 and a small upgrade fee for a better mask is well woth it.

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

When you tender into GC go to the left and walk about 5 min look for the blue building with a sign that has a red apple with a white stripe "like a dive flag".

As for what it's like check out eden rock vids on YouTube.

I don't think you'll regret it, I know my wife and I didn't.

DW and I went to Grand Cayman in April. Have our own snorkel gear ( about $50) if you really want to do yourself and your wallet a favor go snorkeling all by yourselves at " Sunsethouse Dive Resort," Eden Rock is where all of the ship excursion people go and it's elbow to elbow. As you get off the pier turn right and you'll find taxi's right there.( we even walked it) Traffic is heavy and there are no sidewalks in some places, Eden Rock is about a half mile up that street on the right. Sunsethouse is about a mile or so up that same street. It's all a rock shoreline, but Sunsethouse has built a man made pool right in the shore with an opening to go out into the deep water. You just climb down the ladder and you in a pool of lots of fish and wonderful coral. We never even left the pool and snorkeled FREE for a couple of hours. Then we ate a sandwich and had a drink in there openair restaurant right there. What a wonderful day that was, and we were all alone doing it. Google " Sunsethouse Dive Resort" and see what I mean. Can't beat the snorkeling or the price. We just walked in to the front desk of the hotel and asked if we could use there facilities and they couldn't have been more friendly and kind to us.

Save your money you dont need to pay to dive there. Once in caymen look for the hard rock not far away. In front of that is edan rock dive center drop your stuff or rent a locker but where to keep the key whilst snorkling .you can dive all day for free. Just be mindful of the current it will push you towards to big oil storage tanks. Walk in the opposite 15 minutes direction towrds the burger king to the left is a parking lot snorkle from there just drop your stuff on the "beach" and go have fun we saw big big tarpon there plus you can dive for free on the ship wreck at cheeseburger reef as its known. Its maybe 2oo meters from shore. We will swim out rather then pay. There is soooooooooo much to see there if you dont feel like swimming that far just ask the excursion desk about cheeseburger reef. Its a suken rice freighter. The ship developed a hole so when the water met the rice..... She sank once the rice expanded. In the 1930's i think. Enjoy.

Do yourself and yer wallet and HUGE favor! I did my homework before our last cruise, on Valor 2 weeks ago, and had a great time. If you have your own Snorkel gear it's even better...most dive shops carry a set for around $100.00 and a small upgrade fee for a better mask is well woth it.

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

When you tender into GC go to the left and walk about 5 min look for the blue building with a sign that has a red apple with a white stripe "like a dive flag".

As for what it's like check out eden rock vids on YouTube.

I don't think you'll regret it, I know my wife and I didn't.

Now is that your "military left?" because as you get off the pier it's really on your right!

We just did the Eden Rock Dive Center thing in October, $5 for a locker and you can use their restrooms and freshwater shower - super nice folks. They do equipment rental too if you don't want to pack fins or don't have gear(buy gear its totally worth it!)

Maybe next time we will hit sunset house, but we got there early enough that we had the reef to our selves for quite a while, then a snorkeling tour or two came for about 45 minutes max and we had it pretty much to ourselves again. Can't beat a 5 minute walk and a $5 locker for great snorkeling. We even saw our first nurse shark ever here along with lots of turtles, tarpon, and the other familiars, the coral was in pretty good shape too (Not as good as Belize or Roatan, but better than some of the farther Coz reefs).

Archived