snorkeling in St thomas

DOUGLASH

Where is the best place to snorkel in St Thomas? Usually go to St John but don't want to spend alot of time traveling (which is the only con) plus five ships including ours will be in port on our arrival day so wnat to keep it local . Thanks, Doug

Definately check out Homer's scuba and snorkel. He has a three beach tour for snorkeling. We dove with him last week and he was first rate and an EXCELLENT value!

You can find him online and he has a toll free number to make a reservation. I know with our reservation it was fully refundable if the ship for some reason doesn't stop

My DW and I have booked a day sail and snorkel trip with " Island Girl Day Sail." Mike and Debi Stanton have this 45 ft' monohull sailing yacht and they take up to six people. They pick you up at the pier and take you snorkeling at Trunk Bay. They even give you scooters to hold on to that propel you thru the waters. They feed you and have an open bar for some drinks while they sail back. They even take pictures both on the yacht and in the water of your days adventure and sell you a CD for $15 at the end of the trip. I can't take my own pictures for that. There's no traveling involved, they pick you up right there. Google it or email them at Yachtadventures@aol.com.$75 for a half day(four hours) and $125 for a full day.

Coki beach is great!

Lots of great stuff to see right off the beach. Just make sure you catch a cab in time to get back to the ship as it can be a bit of an adventure to get over the hills and back to the port due to the heavy traffic.

[QUOTE]

Definately check out Homer's scuba and snorkel. He has a three beach tour for snorkeling. We dove with him last week and he was first rate and an EXCELLENT value!

You can find him online and he has a toll free number to make a reservation. I know with our reservation it was fully refundable if the ship for some reason doesn't stop

I must agree...wow, we did Homers Nov 9th and what a fantastic day. Jacob was so wonderful. I snorkeled with 3 seaturtles. One came right up for air in front of me. I am into saltwater reef tanks here in Minnesota and saw just about everything amagineable. He takes you to 3 different beach sites to snorkel. Plus a city and hillside view. I have awesome pics and you would too...Plus we got to decide on what we wanted for lunch at a outside very comforteable eatery. We had like half pound delicious burgers and onion rings. Really delicious!!! Homers 3 beach snorkel is the name I believe. He has been in business for a very long time, and has repeat customers. When we return, we will be included. He also has those propelled things if you like to be pulled thru the water also. Motorized underwater apparatus. I am the true snorkeler..Just let me in the water!!!

That says it all they steal your stuff. I was ripped off by a cab driver. I was 50 meters from shore i turned and saw someone (a local )going through my bag and i screamed as loud as i could and i swear everyone looked and i could see he had the fear of god in his eyes i took off like a rocket to the shore and raised holy holy hell. I didnt know i could move that fast. It took at least6 of them too hold me back once i found him. Plus the island i thought was dirty and uninviting i dont care for the place. I had friends there 2 weeks ago they stole his fin 100 bucks down the crapper. Its not worth it

Go to Coki. They have two reefs nearby and plenty of fish. People will say there are only 2 kinds of fish and no reef at Coki, but this is completely false. Yes some people feed the fish and apparently have been there for years, but there is an abundance of different fish in big numbers. I was there last month and saw dozens of trumpet, surgeons, rainbow, parrot fish and of course sgt. majors. Also, further out saw a turtle, large barracuda, spotted eels and octopus. People on the boat complained that they didnt see any fish at some of the other beaches.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely Coki Beach - here are my PHOTOS of it. I was there earlier this month and it was great. $13 each way in a taxi from the cruise dock. The taxis are like mini-buses/big vans and the fares are fixed and listed in the taxi. Took 25 minutes to get there (stopped at couple of places to drop people off) and under 15 to get straight back to the port. To get back I just waited at road by the entrance to the beach and flagged a passing taxi down, having waited only a couple of minutes.

It's a small beach and there are a few gift stalls (but nobody hassles you) and bars with servers who come along the beach to take your order for drinks/snacks. Restrooms and a freshwater tap for rinsing if you want to, near the entrance to the beach.

I snorkelled the length of the beach. Seemed to be smaller fish at the end nearest the entrance, so I parked myself at the other end. Can't tell you the types of fish apart from Parrot fish (from tiny to huuuuge) but there were lots of colour combinations and sizes. Also several black sea urchins so take care not to touch those.

Can't wait to book another cruise to go back there!

1074468539_Cokibeach.jpg.9ecd8437db2fc5a8051bea026601b6e8.jpg

647783420_Cokibeach2.jpg.64f91b261273f4ed24365cff0e580d5c.jpg

1263226110_Cokibeach3.jpg.c4736d9fcbd12f9421815c93a1bbca8d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My DW and I have booked a day sail and snorkel trip with " Island Girl Day Sail." Mike and Debi Stanton have this 45 ft' monohull sailing yacht and they take up to six people. They pick you up at the pier and take you snorkeling at Trunk Bay. They even give you scooters to hold on to that propel you thru the waters. They feed you and have an open bar for some drinks while they sail back. They even take pictures both on the yacht and in the water of your days adventure and sell you a CD for $15 at the end of the trip. I can't take my own pictures for that. There's no traveling involved, they pick you up right there. Google it or email them at Yachtadventures@aol.com.$75 for a half day(four hours) and $125 for a full day.

DW and I were with them a year ago....CAN'T be beat!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi by any chance do you have Homer's web address ?

Thanks,

Drenn

Archived