Where to Shop in Orlando Area

lukfam

We will be leaving Florida from Orlando airport 2 days after our sailing and I would like to do some general "bargain" shopping - esp since it will be after the holidays. Can anyone suggest the best places to go. We will have a car so a reasonable amount of traveling would be okay. Also, any suggestions re lodging for the 2 nights?

Thanks,

Karen

I know there is an outlet mall near Disney, can't remember what it is called though. I don't know of anything closer to the airport offhand, but maybe someone local can lend a hand.

As far as the hotel, I can't help much there, we always stay at Disney.

Have a great trip!

There is PLENTY of shopping in and around Orlando - and with the Canadian dollar so healthy you should find good bargains.

We live an hour east of Orlando, so those who live in/around will probably have more specific suggestions.

As to hotels, my suggestion is to stay AWAY from International Drive. We always either Hotwire or Priceline a hotel in the area of Downtown Disney or over by Universal. Either areas are close to shopping.

There are a couple of huge areas of outlet malls. If you haven't shopped at outlet malls before, keep in mind that they aren't all true outlets, and some will have regular priced merchandise --- but maybe made in a different quality than the stuff in the main stores, or items made just for the outlets. The true "outlet" stores usually have great markdowns on past season merchandise and you'll have to do some digging. There's one strip of outlet malls on International Drive, and another of of I-4 down towards Disney. The ones closer to Disney are "premium" outlets --- so you're going to find dresses marked down from $1400 to $400. I've found you really have to know your prices at home if you're looking for a bargain there.

For non-outlet bargain shopping, try Target. They have fantastic stuff and there are several stores in and around Orlando. The company that owns Winners in Canada has TJMaxx and Marshall's in the States. There are also Ross stores, which are also like Winners. Walmart has the same stuff in the States as it does in Canada ...

But given the state of the economy, you may do well at regular stores. Florida Mall is huge and has a great selection of stores including Macy's and Nordstroms. Then there is the Mall of Millennia which has Saks, Bloomingdales and many higher end stores. I have honestly gotten the best deals on the clearance racks at Macy's and Bloomingdale's. So don't rule those out.

If you have two days, you could do Florida Mall, then Target and TJMaxx (they're in a strip mall behind Florida Mall), then Mall of Millennia one day, and the outlets the next day.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful cruise and shopping spree!

The newly redeigned Prime Outlets at the top or North end of International Drive is a great place to shop. Everything from designer clothing to Judith Ripka jewelry to Bijou Terner, the $10.00 for everything in the store. That's the same one that is on the cruise chips, but with lots more. It's new and really nice

You also have Downtown Disney and don't forget Margaritaville at Universal

We will be leaving Florida from Orlando airport 2 days after our sailing and I would like to do some general "bargain" shopping - esp since it will be after the holidays. Can anyone suggest the best places to go. We will have a car so a reasonable amount of traveling would be okay. Also, any suggestions re lodging for the 2 nights?

Thanks,

Karen

I recently asked the same question and someone kindly provided me with the following link....a real wealth of info.!

http://www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/shopping/malls.htm

I live in Orlando, and I like to do my X-mas shopping at Premium Factory Outlets (a great deal of people from all over the world love to find their deals here). Here is the link: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=17

Also, if you register for their club online (no charge), you will be able to print a coupon to get their coupon book at the kiosk there once you arrive (gets you additional % off at various stores).

As far as where to stay, there are A LOT of places. What is your price range?

P.S. if you register you will also be able to print out additional coupons online in addition to getting the printout for the coupon book at the kiosk

Archived