Can you bring bottled water/sodas in your checked luggage?

imawestie

Yes, but you might still be sent to the naughty room if the soda is canned and they think it's beer. Or they want to doublecheck the bottled water. You might be better off taking it in your carry-on or if you have a case, just slap a tag on it and check it with the porter along with your other checked bags.

The last time we cruised in October,we where on the Star, we took a case of soda and water and some ice tea, and distributed through out our 3 suitcases with no problem. I have heard others with similar stories. I figured that if we got called to the naughty room, I would have just sent my DH:o.

I say go for it!

Yes you can.

If you call and ask, they may well tell you that you can not.

You will not have any problem.

As to water, I still would like somebody to prove the bottled water is better than ships water, other than having the nice little container.

Yes you can.

If you call and ask, they may well tell you that you can not.

You will not have any problem.

As to water, I still would like somebody to prove the bottled water is better than ships water, other than having the nice little container.

Definitely do not call NCL. Their official policy, which their reps are trained to recite, is to say no to soda and bottled water. In practice, that is not the case.

Don't get me started on bottled water. To me, it's the most ingenious marketing coup of the past 20-30 years - convincing the American public that we need bottled water and paying more for it than we pay for a gallon of gas.

according to the faq on ncl.com, you are not allowed "intoxicating liquors, or beverages,..." i think that comma is a typo. meaning no beer, wine, or liquor. nothing there about water or pop. sorry i'm from the mid-west, it's pop here not soda.

question about stuff brought that would get you called to the naughty room. will they keep it for you until you disembark the same as liquor purchased in ports? we are staying for an extra night after our cruise, and would like to have our favorite sparkling wine that day/night. but, we would need to bring it with onto the boat - will they do us the favor of storing it?

according to the faq on ncl.com, you are not allowed "intoxicating liquors, or beverages,..." i think that comma is a typo. meaning no beer, wine, or liquor. nothing there about water or pop. sorry i'm from the mid-west, it's pop here not soda.

question about stuff brought that would get you called to the naughty room. will they keep it for you until you disembark the same as liquor purchased in ports? we are staying for an extra night after our cruise, and would like to have our favorite sparkling wine that day/night. but, we would need to bring it with onto the boat - will they do us the favor of storing it?

1 - do not try to make any logical sense of what NCL has posted. Trust the folks here that are regulars.

2 - If you bring your favorite wine onboard, there are three things that might happen.

a - they will not notice it, so you take it the cabin, and then take it off with ou

b - they will call it wine and you pay $15 to have it onboard, no matter if you drink it or not

c - they will call it booze (or maybe wine) and confiscate it, and you can pick it up on the last night to take ashore with you.

My guess is your chances are that option A will happen. If not, beg for option C.

Archived