2012--Nod to Oasis?

Has anyone here seen the movie 2012? While watching it last weekend there was one particular scene where a large cruise ship was overcome by the raging sea. The name on the side of the ship? "Genesis"... I remember that in the beginning the Oasis was listed as the "Genesis class", wasn't it? Or was that just something we called it here on CC? Well when that scene came up both my son & I looked at each other & I know we were thinking the same thing. After the movie he confirmed that that's the first thing he thought of when he saw the name of the ship.

Anyway, then while looking through photos that crdman posted today, imagine my surprise when I saw this picture:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=2&aid=123910&l=f218ea99f6&id=563603965#/photo.php?pid=2824312&id=563603965

Is that not "Genesis" graffiti that's being scrubbed off the wall in this artwork? LOL! It all just kind of made me laugh.:D

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I knew they named the ship Genesis, and of course Oasis was the first thing I thought of too.

As for the "graffiti removal?" It looks to me--as if this itself is "artwork"--those painters look a bit stiff to me! Unless it was too much partying!

As for the "graffiti removal?" It looks to me--as if this itself is "artwork"--those painters look a bit stiff to me! Unless it was too much partying!

Yeah, that's what I meant. Probably just didn't say it right. I knew it was artwork--statues of guys "removing graffiti" and taking a break. Seems like most of the recent ships have some kind of statues lurking about on the ships. :)

My husband and I thought something similar, first up I think it was when they were boarding the ship it says one of the facilities on board is a rock climbing wall and then we saw the name Genesis. As far as I know RCI is the only cruise line with rock climbing walls and then to see the name Genesis left us wondering.

Yeah!!!

I posted a similar thread last weekend after I watched the movie...they used a Freedom Class ship and did some changes...but its clear that it is a Freedom Class....the symbol of the Cruise line they show is kind of a mix between the Royal Caribbean and the Azamara ones....and the name is GENESIS!!! hahahaha I laughed so much :p

Archived