Just Home From The Triumph

Rowan555

After 10 cruises on the Fantasy, I can understand what Rowan meant by the "at home" feeling she was missing on the Triumph. It took me a few days to let go of really missing "my ship" and embrace the newbie.

Despite my initial reactions, our experience last week ranks close to the top of our Carnival cruises.

Yes there were the typical crowds during peak dining times and a horrendous debarkation experience. (I have already called and snail-mailed my thoughts.) The cruise director was not on the top of my list nor were any of his entertainment staff. The dining room hostess during open seating breakfast/lunch was a...we will go with not a nice person:rolleyes:...

BUT every other crew member was friendly and accomodating. They truly made us feel like they wanted us to have a good vacation. I really think what made this cruise for us was that our room steward and our waiters went above and beyond. That was severely lacking on our September cruise on the Fantasy so maybe we were extra sensitive to it this time? I am not sure.

Even after ranking this cruise towards the top of the list, I am with Rowan in that we probably won't be sailing on the Triumph as often as we did on the Fantasy. I, too, prefer the smaller ship experience. Thank goodness Mobile is only 100 miles away:p

We were on the same Cruise. We have also been on the Fantasy. (Although, no where near as many times as some of the other posters.) Overall we had a very pleasant experience. We tend to not like the buffet experience, which is why we opt for the Dining room when ever it is open.

We however did walk through the buffet several times and as originally mentioned was pretty much a mad house. When we did eat on the Lido Deck we chose the Deli and Pizza. Both were very good and not as crowded as the rest of the stations. We also had the very best waiters of the several cruises that we have been on. I would also like to mention that Camp Carnival was definitely the best one that our 4 yr old has been to. Someone had mentioned the hostess for the open seating. We did not have any issues with her. Of course having 2 children with us seemed to make everybody happy that we were around. They definitely would stop in their tracks to talk to my 10 month old son. The one thing on this Cruise that I did not like was that we sailed with a large group. There were no issues with anybody in the group. The issues were with how their functions were set up. On several occations they would block off sections of the Lido Deck for their Dances. This made it even more difficult to get around this Ship. It also caused problems with events published in the Capers that could not be held because they blocked the deck off.

We still had a wonderful Cruise. If I get wind of a large group on my Cruise again. I will change my dates.

Naomi John. The Fantasy class of ships are by far the best, the Spirit class next. The reason being, as said on previous threads, not too crowded like the bigger ones where you are always fighting the crowds everywhere on the ship. Inspiration is next for my wife to be on. before we were married, she had never been cruising. The start dates of cruises are hers, not mine, mine goes back further. Then the DREAM in Sept.

We tried! It STAYED busy and crazy all afternoon!

Thanks for the info....I will avoid the buffet....... I tend to avoid buffets anyway....I can never get past eveyone handling all the serving spoons :eek:

I know.....I am crazy....may be due to the fact I have a degree in biology :D.....from UNO :)

The Buffet lines did not go away until it closed. I noticed a lot of empty tables in the Dining room during the early seating. That might explain the lines. There were even more empty tables during both Elegant nights.

I also noticed that during all three meals at the buffet that the lines started about 15 minutes before they opened.

Archived