What is the best excursion?

kellyrobin

By far, the do not miss tour in Antigua is Creole Cruises. You can google their name and check out their website. Lots of posts here on Cruise Critic about them too if you do a search on their name.

Basically, they take you on a lobster lunch tour, with snorkeling, swimming, and enjoying a tour on Bird Island. The lobster is caught that morning, and split and grilled right on the beach. Plenty of sides, and some great rum punch and other refreshments.

You will find that your ship and other companies offer snorkeling excursions, etc, but we saw other people who took tours, and you can't beat Creole for their value and the experience.

Have fun!

Just recently off the CB. We did the kayaking and Bird Island expedition, which also includes snorkeling. Kayaking wasn't that hard, we relaxed on Bird Island (legs still hurt from the excursion the day before) and wife did the snorkeling while I stayed on the boat. It's a new company doing the excursion (since beginning or early this year), but we liked the excursion a lot.

We are just off the Caribbean Princess. We did the Segway tour and it was our favorite port experience of all time. They take a maximum of 10 on any one 1/2 day tour and there are three helpers to guide your experience. Great people and a great experience. Would heartily recommend them to anyone. It is not booked through the ship. You can contact them at www.segwayantigua.com. We paid $59 each plus $6 each for the taxi ride round trip from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - Can you tell me about Eli's Eco tour - stuff that isnt on the website. At the snorkel stops, if someone doesnt want to snorkel and cant swim, is there water that is not over your head?

thanks

Snorkeling is at Cades Reef, pretty deep. The crew will teach you how to snorkel in shallow water at Bird Island if you want. They have some vests to use if you're not comfortable in deeper water. When we've been on the tour (4X now ) there was always someone who didn't snorkel and just stayed on the boat. Going to Hell's Gate involves a short swim but with a vest it should be no problem. I've done it and I'm not a good swimmer and always wear a vest.

ernie

Lot of the tours are nice but we really enjoyed the Creole Lobster lunch tour. Glen and Mario were great. Wife is not a snorkler so she stayed on the boat while myself and the other couple we were wife snorkeled near Bird Island.

The Ump

John

5380_1035127497865_1815794614_78124_2045465_n.jpg

5380_1035129977927_1815794614_78185_820283_n.jpg

5380_1035130337936_1815794614_78194_8362135_n.jpg

[/url]

It seems I am S.O.L. with Eli since I will be on the island New Years Day and he is not doing any tours :(

Not sure what I will do instead. The one other time that I have been there, we did the Stingray City visit which was VERY cool.

Edited by rpetrillo

We have been to Antigua many times and its always a favourite . Usually we take a taxi to Darkwood and just have a beach day.

This time we are going with friends who have never been to Antigua so we would like to arrange a tour. We would like to see Nelsons harbour etc plus a beach . Not really swimmers or power boat riders :eek:

Can anyone come up with a good tour suitable for us ?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Kelly,

When you get back from your cruise, please let me know your thoughts about Antigua and the other ports, what you did -- would you do them again, or not, etc.

Also, I'm very curious to hear how you like CB. My husband and I have only been on the Crown Princess. We're on the caribe deck, in a balcony on the port side on CB. First time was an inside cabin, so I'm excited to have a balcony this time around.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Janie :)

Edited by pitbullgirl

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...