Oceana Cabins/Charter Flights

finney

We are taking our first P and O cruise on Oceana in January 2010, sailing from Acapulco to Barbados in Cabin JD C544 and flying Thomson premium economy.

We have cruised previously with Celebrity and R.C.I. and would appreciate any comments on P and O in comparison, balcony cabins on Oceana and what the lengthy flight to Acapulco is like please.

We have never done Celebrity or RCI but various people have suggested P&O is a more like Celebrity but maybe lacking a couple of the finer details. We should know better in a few weeks when our in laws get back from their cruise on Oceana (they were RCI devotees but switched to Celeberity for many years and are about to try P&O for the first time). I think you will be very pleased with your choice (Oceana is one of our favourite ships)

The flight to Acapulco is long but is soon forgotten about when you arrive in Acapulco. There is usually a refueling stop somewhere (for about 1.5-2 hours) ... in some cases you are kept on the plane in other cases you are allowed off but only to the departures area of the airport. On the trip from the airport to the ship make sure you sit on the left hand side of the bus to get the best views.

Can't help with the flight except for it's going to be the worst bit of your holiday!! You have done all you can by booking PE. The ship itself is great, downsides are no crows nest bar & the main pool has no sliding roof, rooms seem quite small, especially the bathrooms BUT the Café Jardin area is a bonus for Breakfast & lunch as it is a a compromise between the main restaurant & the plaza. A modern outlook & more relaxed dress code, just two formal nights a week the rest smart casual.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we are taking our first cruise on 19 Feb flying to Barbados then a few places then going through the Panama Canal ending up in Mexico. I am a bit apprehensive about this trip but on the otherhand looking forward to it. It is hubby's 60th birthday whilst we are away and that is the reason for going. I would like to do some of he excursions but havent got a clue which ones to do there are too many to choose from. Any tips please

Hi we are taking our first cruise on 19 Feb flying to Barbados then a few places then going through the Panama Canal ending up in Mexico. I am a bit apprehensive about this trip but on the otherhand looking forward to it. It is hubby's 60th birthday whilst we are away and that is the reason for going. I would like to do some of he excursions but havent got a clue which ones to do there are too many to choose from. Any tips please

Well, tell us where you are going & an idea of the sort of things you like. Flycruises are a compromise between having more time on the ship & the less than wonderful experience of long/medium haul flight

Archived