Segways in St Maarten

Buckeyebrd

We are thinking about doing the Segways in St Maarten. There are 5 of us, Husband and I, 17 yr old, 15 yr old, and 13 yr old. The boat has these offered through their boat excursions. Do you have to rent these through the boat? Do you have to do a guided Segway tour or can you be on your own?

Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

Was through Celebrity shore excursions in early 08. Great fun, only 6 of us. We had to stay with the group . . . but rode on the boardwalk, on the beach, and finally, through the shopping area on the boardwalk. Did not see any other groups in action so suspect our supplier was the only one. Was very glad to have selected this excursion.

Not much help, I realize, but it gets you started with some information.

• 1 month later...

we did the segway excursion (booked through the ship) and it was AWESOME! we liked it so much that we booked the Barbados segway excursion (also through the ship) on the same cruise a few days later. Both were great and something we would not hesitate to do again!

When I visited back in December '07 there was a Segway rental place right on the boardwalk. Took one for a spin up and back, and was accompanied at the time. I don't recall but would not be surprised if you could rent them and go off as a group.

Archived