Suite Categories

RTEJME

We have just returned from our Carnival Freedom cruise and am looking to book a cruise on the Dream. Does anyone know what the different categories are we have always had an OS and now I see they have JS. Does that mean a smaller suite, like Princess? Thanks for any help you can give us:o

I just booked a penthouse suite for a cruise in 2 weeks a few months ago, all of a sudden its now called a grand suite. Its kinda weird to change the names of the cabin cats. I would love to hear from someone who knows whats up.

Carnival has been re-categorizing it's cabins over the last few weeks. This is fleet wide. Basically they are creating more sub categories. I haven't looked into the Dream but on Spirit class there used to be two categories of suites. Cat 11 and the larger Cat 12. Now Cat 12 is GS, Grand Suite. Cat 11 was broken up into 3 sub categories.

VS= Vista Suite, aft wrap on any deck

OS= Ocean Suite any deck except 4

JS= Junior suites. There are two on the ship on deck 4 and they have tiny balconies compared to the other OS's.

Other categories have been changed as well. Some more desirable cabins will cost more and less desirable will be a bit less. And it makes it harder to get an ES price reduction to a certain extent.

Archived