dress for children on cruise

chopper65

I bring three pairs of dockers type pants and change out the shirts, with either button down or polo shirts. On formal nights my son wore a tuxedo my friend gave me that her son grew out of (he loved it) and a suit that my nephew grew out of. He likes getting dressed up in what he calls "fancy clothes". He has now grew out of his, so we will see what I can get on ebay.

We will be on the Dream for Christmas, my children are 14 (son) and 11 (daughter). Neither will wear shorts to the dining room. My daughter has dresses chosen to wear every day and very nice ones for elegant night. My son has a suit that he will wear on one elegant night, the other will have dress slacks and a nice shirt with a tie (yes I said a tie!!!!). My children wear shorts, jeans, flipflops all the time. This is their main opportunity to get dressed up and I think they both really enjoy it. My daughter totally loved dress shopping. Other wise my son will have nice slacks, and a polo, dress shirt for dinner each evening.

Why would grown men want their picture taken with a strangers little child all dressed up?

We have a registry here for people just like that.:eek:

That did not come across as odd to you?

Steve

What an odd thing to even think about. :confused:

We are cruising on the Dream in June. This will be the first cruise with the kids. My son has already asked if he can wear a tie. Haven't decided if he will wear a jacket or not. His Christmas outfit has a vest and tie. He wants to look like his daddy and DH will have on his suit for elegant nights. Polos and khakis for the rest of the dining room visits. DD will wear her Easter dress one night and something similar for the other more formal night. She loves to dress up so she will have her church sundresses for the other dinners.

My boys are 9 and 12. On our cruise next week they'll be wearing khakis and polo shirts on non-elegant nights. For cruise-elegant night, they'll be wearing black slacks, black dress shirts, ties, and dress shoes. They were excited to dress up and look nice.:D

Personally I think it is wrong of Steveaaa(?) to suggest that no one dresses up anymore. The dress is something some choose to follow and some not. On both of my last two Carnival cruises I saw many people dressed in their formal wear, some in elegant wear, some in what people may wear to church and others in their every day clothing. To tell people that they won't fit in if they bring their more formal clothes is just flat out incorrect information. Everyone should wear what they are comfortable with and leave everyone else alone. I actually think on a Christmas sailing you will find a lot more dressed up people than you will dressed down.

How about ... instead of theorizing and extemporizing and speechifying on the dress code ... someone just posts the dang thing off of the Carnival site?

from http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

What to Wear?spacer.gifCasual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

OMG! :eek:

Short sleeves!

lol:D If you can find a long sleeve shirt that would fit that kid, be my guest. He is 6'5" and weighs 155 lbs. Long sleeves shirts that fit him in the shoulders and waist have sleeves that are 2" above his wrist. We make do with short sleeve dress shirts.:rolleyes:

Personally I think it is wrong of Steveaaa(?) to suggest that no one dresses up anymore.

Look at it this way.

If you were playing the $10,000 Pyramid, and the triangle in the winners circle turned and said "THINGS THAT ARE ELEGANT", think of the things you would say to get your partner to say that.

Personally I think it is wrong of Steveaaa(?) to suggest that no one dresses up anymore. The dress is something some choose to follow and some not. On both of my last two Carnival cruises I saw many people dressed in their formal wear, some in elegant wear, some in what people may wear to church and others in their every day clothing. To tell people that they won't fit in if they bring their more formal clothes is just flat out incorrect information. Everyone should wear what they are comfortable with and leave everyone else alone. I actually think on a Christmas sailing you will find a lot more dressed up people than you will dressed down.

Is telling them there is a Formal night, also "Flat out incorrect information"

The days of a required Tux,suit,ball gown are now gone are they not?

Steve

[quote name='mom2tcdx2'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Personally I think it is wrong of Steveaaa(?) to suggest that no one dresses up anymore. The dress is something some choose to follow and some not. On both of my last two Carnival cruises I saw many people dressed in their formal wear, some in elegant wear, some in what people may wear to church and others in their every day clothing. [B]To tell people that they won't fit in if they bring their more formal clothes is just flat out incorrect information.[/B] Everyone should wear what they are comfortable with and leave everyone else alone. I actually think on a Christmas sailing you will find a lot more dressed up people than you will dressed down. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Is telling them there is a Formal night, also "Flat out incorrect information"

The days of a [U]required[/U] Tux,suit,ball gown are now gone are they not?

Steve

Welcome to the Walmart:) of the Seas cruiseline

[quote name='steveaaaaa']Would you want strange adult men having pictures taken with your daughter? When they buy them,what are they doing with them?

Steve[/quote]

Happens all the time after her performances. I assume they go in stacks of other pictures. You must know something else. What are in your piles?

Archived