Internet access on Constellation

conwmock

I assume there is wi-fi on the Constellation. How much does it cost and how does that compare to the onboard internet lounge? Thanks, Warren

Hi Warren !

Yes, they have Wi-Fi on Constellation. Rates start at .65 per minute, but are lower when you buy larger minute packages. The rate is the same if you use the internet cafe or your own laptop.

Another item to consider.... the Wi-Fi is only available in designated public areas, and not in the cabins (in most cases). I truly hope that Celebrity will upgrade their Wi-Fi locations on the M-Class ships in 2010.

Hi Warren !

Yes, they have Wi-Fi on Constellation. Rates start at .65 per minute, but are lower when you buy larger minute packages. The rate is the same if you use the internet cafe or your own laptop.

Another item to consider.... the Wi-Fi is only available in designated public areas, and not in the cabins (in most cases). I truly hope that Celebrity will upgrade their Wi-Fi locations on the M-Class ships in 2010.

We will be in a cabin adjoining a Royal Suite (the computer in the RS is on the wall beside our cabin) Do you have any idea if we might be able to access the wi-fi signal from there?

We got the 49.95 plan that gave us 90 minutes.

But we signed up the first day, so we received an extra 20% in minutes, which brought it to 108 minutes.

Then, we used our CC coupon to get 25% off.

So the net result was that it only cost just under 35 cents per minute.

If you do it right, it can actually not be too bad of a rip-off.

But we signed up the first day, so we received an extra 20% in minutes, which brought it to 108 minutes.

So the net result was that it only cost just under 35 cents per minute.

If you do it right, it can actually not be too bad of a rip-off.

I was spoiled on Solstice with connectivity right in the stateroom. It worked well.

We will be in a cabin adjoining a Royal Suite (the computer in the RS is on the wall beside our cabin) Do you have any idea if we might be able to access the wi-fi signal from there?

The location of that computer in the adjoining RS will not have any impact on your ability to access wi fi in your cabin (plus or minus). The in-room computers are are hard wired to the network.

Hi,

What is the CC coupon? Concierge Class cabin? Hmmm. That would help :)

My family and I had a suite last year (different cruise line) that had a hard wired connection to a Windows computer, but no wifi in the ship cabins.

Because I work in IT, I took a gamble and brought a tiny Airport Express wireless device. These are by Apple, but work on PCs and Macs, and cost $99 including shipping (here).

I unplugged the cable that goes to the computer and plugged it into the Airport Express. This not only gave my cabin and the one next door with family members access, it allowed us to play our music from our laptops into the room's stereo system using the "air tunes" feature :cool:

So, basically, for $99 we had wireless in both cabins. The connection was password protected so only we could use it, of course, and we did not disrupt the ship's system in any way.

Oh, the ship's computer folks will not help you do this. They said it would not work, but it did. It's not stealing or anything...we still paid for the minutes fair and square.

Hope this helps,

Johncn

Archived