A couple of things from our M&M about Freedom of the Seas

flagger

C&A members may begin booking for the maiden voyage in "Spring 2006" on February 28th.

Every stateroom will have flat screen televisions.

We pressed her for more info, but either they did not tell her OR she was not telling us.

Yes it was. She was actually happy about the stop in Miami as that is her home. She had no idea when she would be leaving. I saw her several times throughout the week as we booked and rebooked and then changed our next possible and definite cruises.

A couple of other things not about FOS but about Galveston.

There are no plans to bring a Radiance class ship there while they can get people to fly to the ports those ships depart. There also really needs to be a true terminal in Galveston before they bring bigger ships. Of course, they would need to do lots of work/dredging/widening for a Voyager class ship.

M&M's are always scheduled for Wednesday on Rhapsody which is a sea day. We almost didn't have ours because the website had it listed for Thursday. They never received confirmation from Miami. When I asked her on Thursday morning, she responded that there was not one. I told her that we showed 54 people signed up before we left and a few had received email confirmations that the quota had been met. (BTW, if you look at the M&M for later in the month there is another one scheduled on a Thursday). If I had never mentioned it, the few of us that did get together would have shown up and had no formal gathering.

I apologize to you, and certainly don't wish to offend you in any way. Your first sentence however, suggests that you can begin booking in Spring 2006. That is absolutely wrong. You can begin booking on February 28, 2005. And yes, the Maiden voyage will be in Spring 2006.

I apologize to you, and certainly don't wish to offend you in any way. Your first sentence however, suggests that you can begin booking in Spring 2006. That is absolutely wrong. You can begin booking on February 28, 2005. And yes, the Maiden voyage will be in Spring 2006.

Actually,his sentence made perfect sesnse the way it was written.

You can begin booking in Feb.This obviously means the very next February coming,if he would have meant 06 he would have said O6..His whole point is that C&A members can registor earlier than regular booking...so 06 would not make sense...

Just s/w TA. No the itinerary and date will not be announced until the Feb. 28th date. They are anxiously awaiting the announcement as we are. The Eastern/Western Carribean is also what they have heard rumored. So I guess we all wait. I was hoping someone would have leaked info on this by now. Apparently mum is the word. Put my name on the waiting list they have started...... Sue

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to be on a cruise during this time (HAL), but may want to have another booking with Celebrity, transferred to the Freedom. If not the Freedom, then we may just go to Bermuda on the Voyager.

The problem is that I have no idea what or where the staterooms are located. Is the aft going to be the same configuration as the Voyager class ships or do you think they will be different. Also, will there be a hump?

If we decide on the Freedom, I would like to tell my TA to make this exchange on the 28th (while we are away), but don't know what stateroom to have reserved. :o

Flagger: Isn't Galveston building a new port? They knocked down those rice dryer towers and started building it last early year I believe. Now dredging, that's a another story! I would like to see another ship come to give Princess a run for her money. :D

Have never been on a maiden voyage

We haven't either, so that is my goal with the Freedom. I do remember reading that the prices are slightly higher on a maiden voyage, but could be wrong. This is the first ship of it's kind and those that love the Voyager class are going to want to try the Freedom out for size. :D (Pun intended)

Archived